Warriors-Pacers trade

whitedawg22

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2733891

Warriors get Jackson, Harrington, Jaskievicius, and Powell. Pacers get Murphy, Dunleavy, Diogu, and McLeod.

The only rationale I can think of for the Pacers is that they were sick of Jackson being a head case, and Harrington couldn't coexist with O'Neal on the block. That, and they probably wanted some non-threatening white guys to remind Indianans of Larry Bird/Rick Smits.

The Warriors dump two horrible contracts in Dunleavy and Murphy while getting a much-needed stud at forward in Harrington, and Jackson, who might be able to play in Don Nelson's freewheeling system.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Great trade for Golden St. they picked up three ballers in Jackson, Harrington and Jaskievicius and get rid of contracts they didnt want

What? The Warriors gave up three of their recent high draft picks in exchange for one proven commodity (harrington). Stephen Jackson is a joke, and the euro is a role player, no more.

What a shakeup. The Pacers FLEECED the Warriors.

Both teams needed this shake up honestly. Both were middling and will continue to middle, honestly. I can't say either team was fleeced or robbed, but hell, it'll at least give 'em both some new energy.

It usually takes a couple years to see who got the best of a trade, especially one this size. The Pacers got the most "upside" for sure, but there were damn good reasons why Murphy and Dunleavy, Jr. were on the trade block in the first place.

My only question is why in the hell did Golden State want ANY part of Stephen Jackson? Stephen Jackson in Oakland is not really the best idea, given his history of run ins with the law.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, the Pacers got owned. They trade a center that shouldn't be starting (Murphy) and a perrenial benchwarmer (Dunleavy) for a potential all-star (Harrington) and the headcase. Well, except for Jackson, this was a great trade for the Warriors.

Both teams needed this shake up honestly. Both were middling and will continue to middle, honestly. I can't say either team was fleeced or robbed, but hell, it'll at least give 'em both some new energy.

It usually takes a couple years to see who got the best of a trade, especially one this size. The Pacers got the most "upside" for sure, but there were damn good reasons why Murphy and Dunleavy, Jr. were on the trade block in the first place.

My only question is why in the hell did Golden State want ANY part of Stephen Jackson? Stephen Jackson in Oakland is not really the best idea, given his history of run ins with the law.

Quite frankly, Chris Mullin doesn't know what he's doing. Ike Diogu was his personal pick, after everyone else had him rated as a late first rounder/early second, not a #9 overall.

I can understand getting those contract albatrosses out of the way, but signing Dunleavy to that deal was his doing to begin with...

Wow, the Pacers got owned. They trade a center that shouldn't be starting (Murphy) and a perrenial benchwarmer (Dunleavy) for a potential all-star (Harrington) and the headcase. Well, except for Jackson, this was a great trade for the Warriors.

Harrington has had potential for years. He should have made the jump already.

Archived