Edinburgh Capitals

js °

I finished this project up some months ago, but the team just recently unveiled this to their fans. Heres the new identity for the Edinburgh Capitals:

brand_02.jpg

And HERE are the logos in vector format.

Also, I have a few new concept pieces in my updated portfolio at humanot. Let me know what you guys think.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks absolutely great. I love the accompanying logos. I think you did an absolute perfect job for this. Looks European and classy, you pull this look of with tremendous success.

EDIT: I checked out the rest of the new stuff on the portfolio. It looks fantastic. You are moving along incredibly well.

The Raiders logo looks rustic and awesome. Everything you do is executed extremely well. I also enjoyed the Hey Sushi. Awesome work J. Keep it up.

I've always loved the rampart Lion look, so you had me at hello.

The link to the Scottish Lion flag is a beauty, the jerseys look great too.

Only thing I don't like it if I ever use my Coat of Arms Lion for a concept again, someone will no doubt say "looks like a rip-off of js' Edinburgh set."

familycrest.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Edinburgh font is beautiful, and the "EC" logo was pulled off perfectly (it isn't easy to interlock those letters and have it look good.)

Only crit. is the lack of horiz. striping on the dark red jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks so much for the kind words guys, and yeah i totally understand about the rampart lion being a great, but hard to 'own' logo. I was pretty upset with the laziness of Phoenix when they released the Houghton College package:

HOUGHTON_PRIMARY_ID_WEB.jpg

I was working on this while this was released, and was surprised at how quickly they would have come up with this solution.

Aston Villa do a good job with it.

I think your Edinburgh gets away with it better than the other one you showed because it ties it in with the Scottish Flag. Same colours, same country. Yet, it's different enough for its own identity.

scottish-flag.gif

PS I meant to tell you js. I love your "where is my Jetpack" shirt. I have to get one of those one day.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Only thing I don't like it if I ever use my Coat of Arms Lion for a concept again, someone will no doubt say "looks like a rip-off of js' Edinburgh set."

familycrest.gif

Better they say that than, "I dunno man, looks like something iDonovan would do."

Ask anyone.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

familycrest.gif

Better they say that than, "I dunno man, looks like something iDonovan would do."

Ask anyone.

Well, true, because let's face it, iD is obvious a talentless hack wannabe who produces some of the most uninteresting uninspired dross you will see.

But given his lack of talent, and therefore his relative anonymity, they'll be mentioning Edinburgh, you wait and see.

/End Sarcasm.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

PS I meant to tell you js. I love your "where is my Jetpack" shirt. I have to get one of those one day.

Thanks man, for the compliments ... if you like the Damn Scientists Too, I'm planning on launching a small tshirt line sometime soon, that will be included in the first release.

sweeeet. A foreign gig, too. Did they find you?

I see you redid the Rochester Americans. I'm sure you've done several over the years and have fun tweaking it.

yeah they actually did ... they saw my Sabres stuff and that provoked them to hire me. Just goes to show ya that this concept work is not for nothing.

this is a fantastic set...my only small problem is the way the bottom of the "c" lines up with the "apitals" - i realize that the "c" is probably meant to be capitalized, but it seems somewhat out of place to me - i really like the head only version of the lion...very nice!

jldesigns404eo.png

Screw the logos, who designed the arena?

This is not to say you didn't do a fantastic job on the logos (which you did), but did the team give you that photograph/rendering? It's really cool to see a logo not just in a uniform, but in the context of a team's home venue.

QPR%20Sig.png

the arena is actually just a photo of an arena i was able to find online .. i then just photoshopped the hell out of it, so i could place my logos and banners in there to give a little brand context. Thats an important part of designing a logo, as well as presenting it to the client, so that everyone can see how it looks in its home.

the arena is actually just a photo of an arena i was able to find online .. i then just photoshopped the hell out of it, so i could place my logos and banners in there to give a little brand context. Thats an important part of designing a logo, as well as presenting it to the client, so that everyone can see how it looks in its home.

Come to think of it, I think you missed a Miami RedHawks logo on the scoreboard. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy :P

QPR%20Sig.png

Simply amazing. I never really like the red, blue and yellow the Capitals currently use (plus all three are over-used in UK Ice Hockey anyway), so it's nice to see an original colour scheme.

Both the logos and colour choices really give the team a more traditional Scottish appearance, so that was really well implemented.

The only real problem that will ruin this when the team uses it (as is the case with every other team in the UK) will be the adverts plastered all over it. :rolleyes:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Come to think of it, I think you missed a Miami RedHawks logo on the scoreboard. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy :P

wow ... good eye

How long did it take you to do the logo set? I would like to get an idea on how long something like that should take.

the whole thing took about 6 months, but only because I worked on it in my off time between other projects, and there was no rush on the project. Actually work time put into this though would be around a full month of work. And if time was pushing me, thats how long it would have been completed in.

The only real problem that will ruin this when the team uses it (as is the case with every other team in the UK) will be the adverts plastered all over it. :rolleyes:

couldn't be truer ... unfortunately the on-ice jerseys will look rather silly .. but if you buy a fan jersey ... they'll be looking just as you see above ... sans ads.

Wow, this is so well done, congradulations. I really love the whole package. I hope some of the other teams in that league get inspired to spruce up their identities. Shame about the advertisements, but maybe they won't look that bad

Archived