Edinburgh Capitals

js °

I dug up these old images.(They're almost 10 years old)

One of the fun things about doing the 'Scotland' book was creating a Team Scotland uniform.

Here's how they looked in an illustration from the book...

(Please pardon the kilts...it was a kids' book)

cc4-1.jpg

Interesting...

A lion, sheepdog, horse, Nessie, and a head of bok choy are playing against a team of beavers.

:P

Hey slapshot (bok choy's a thistle) but I also worked in a haggis, some sheep doing the wave, and guess where they played...

The MacArena !... Thanks again for your help slapshot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are pretty damn similar. Your photoshopped player looks pretty close to the uniforms he used. Maybe they did see your book and ask John to use a uniform like that. But, it still is just the flag of Scotland, nothing more. The logos are different.

But, I like your work with the kids' book, solid job. And your logo-sweaters look great. Welcome to the Creamies!

That book looks pretty cool. I'm a sucker for hockey books, even if they are kids books. Anywhere I might be able to find this online?

D.P.... This one's out of print, but I do have some copies, so I'll send you and slap a free copy if you want.

That would be fantastic!

One of the fun things about doing the 'Scotland' book was creating a Team Scotland uniform.

cc4-1.jpg

Interesting...

A lion, sheepdog, horse, Nessie, and a head of bok choy are playing against a team of beavers.

Hey slapshot (bok choy's a thistle) but I also worked in a haggis, some sheep doing the wave, and guess where they played...

I actually think it's a great illustration.

Nessie cheating with a glove on the tail nonetheless.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

They are pretty damn similar. Your photoshopped player looks pretty close to the uniforms he used. Maybe they did see your book and ask John to use a uniform like that. But, it still is just the flag of Scotland, nothing more. The logos are different.

But, I like your work with the kids' book, solid job. And your logo-sweaters look great. Welcome to the Creamies!

Thanks AAO

It's the only way the Scots can beat Canada.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

cc4-1.jpg

Interesting...

Yeah, but how can you close a glove with a tail? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I mean, is it REALLY cheating? Where in the rules of hockey does it state that there can't be a glove on the tail?

I mean, is it REALLY cheating? Where in the rules of hockey does it state that there can't be a glove on the tail?

In one word, "Yes". You want the rules? Here they are and it's in the first paragraph.

With the exception of skates and stick, all the equipment worn by the goalkeeper must be constructed solely for the purpose of protecting the head or body, and he must not wear any garment or use any contrivance which would give him undue assistance in keeping goal.

If you want the entire goalie equipment rules for the NHL, it's here: http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule21.html

In one word, "Yes". You want the rules? Here they are and it's in the first paragraph.

With the exception of skates and stick, all the equipment worn by the goalkeeper must be constructed solely for the purpose of protecting the head or body, and he must not wear any garment or use any contrivance which would give him undue assistance in keeping goal.

If you want the entire goalie equipment rules for the NHL, it's here: http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule21.html

Two things here, 1 those are NHL rules. This wasn't an NHL game. And 2 how is a glove on his tail any different from a glove on his hands? Doesn't his tail need protecting as well? I am allowing Nessie's tail glove.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That's what I wanted someone to post.

Thanks.

Archived