Oakland Raiders Concept

js °

Just a suggestion, but if the Raiders were to make this their primary logo it should go on the front of the helmet.

It wouldn't mesh with their ultra-conservative uniforms, but a helmet cracked and dirtied with on top of the Raider logo would look rough and Raiderlike.

the fella in the logo doesnt look too threatening looking at them moment (and i know the guy in the real logo looks like a vicar with an eyepatch). maybe if he were to have a bit more of the canberra raider about him, id like it better. its just at the moment they look like a tad like the oakland hobos or something.

canberra%20raiders%20logo.gif

the fella in the logo doesnt look too threatening looking at them moment (and i know the guy in the real logo looks like a vicar with an eyepatch). maybe if he were to have a bit more of the canberra raider about him, id like it better. its just at the moment they look like a tad like the oakland hobos or something.

canberra%20raiders%20logo.gif

that would be a nice logo if the vikes ever wanted to update the paul sr. logo that they have had for ever now.

as for the JS concept,

overall i like it but i'm not liking the emphasis on the 'R'. I'd like to see a more of an emphasis on the face which i like. The current logo while classic is a bit dated and is fit more for a raiders generation of the 1970s not the current times where the fans look like the birth child of Star Wars and Gwar. its far to passive for the current crop of fans. This is where i like where you are going with the logo and this has some serious potential.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Honestly, it's a good logo. Nice Work!

But, I see it as just a secondary logo. The current one may not be as aggressive as the Canberra logo, but it's still a classic logo.

Plus, as mentioned before, the Canberra logo would suit Minnesota better.

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Looks good, but I would like to see it without the Photoshop effects.

id_01.jpg

I really like this. I agree with logodawg86.. lets see it without the effects around it.. also I'm curious to see what it looks like with an "O" on it, rather than the "R"

I've been curious about that myself .. i've gone back and forth. I opted for the single letter, rather than the focus of the logo being the Raider himself, as that seems like more of a Raideresque thing to do, hold a symbol forth (like that of the skull and bones) rather than show your face clearly (seems you'd want to protect your identity being a raider). Speaks well to why they wear a very distinct SILVER and BLACK as well.

Looks good, but I would like to see it without the Photoshop effects.

raiders_1a.jpg

I really like this. I agree with logodawg86.. lets see it without the effects around it.. also I'm curious to see what it looks like with an "O" on it, rather than the "R"

I've been curious about that myself .. i've gone back and forth. I opted for the single letter, rather than the focus of the logo being the Raider himself, as that seems like more of a Raideresque thing to do, hold a symbol forth (like that of the skull and bones) rather than show your face clearly (seems you'd want to protect your identity being a raider). Speaks well to why they wear a very distinct SILVER and BLACK as well.

This looks great man, keep up the good work...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

hey guys ... threw down some uniform concepts to go along with this .. i'm all for keeping the current set, as it doesn't do anything wrong it all .. and i'm a firm believe in 'if it ain't broke' philosophy. but just for idea venting purposes, here ya go .. let me know what ya think:

unis_01a.jpg

unis_01b.jpg

unis_02a.jpg

unis_02b.jpg

The pants look pretty cool with that grungy, dirty look. The numbers and the helmet stripe though, eh, not feelin it. I love the logo though. IF the Raiders ever did change. It would be great for a high school team though. Great job!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I think that the face and swords need to be a little more distingushed.

They're the key elements of the logo, and need to be seen clearly on first glance.

I'd also like to see some perspective in the swords and the body. Maybe have the swords layering over on the crest/shield but behind the "R"

Maybe this would allow the use of 3-tone silver in this.

Also, on font, maybe make it a little more piratey, maybe have more edgy serifs.

This has a lot of potential. And its great.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

The logo looks good and I like the grungy feel about it but I dont think that it should also feature on the helmet/pants striping and numbers. There is a difference between sports and general design and I think that you are blurring the boundaries too much.

On a side note, although I've seen the Canberra Raiders logo been touted as the best "Raider" logo out there, it isn't anywhere near as well received in Australia. Many critics say that it is one of the worst in the National Rugby League. Of course I don't think so but I also have a heavy bias to my team.

sig.png

Archived