I guess the Sixers scrapped their red alts...

Titanium Eagle

That bites, I wanted one of those new red ones!

286286069_3c097fc287.jpg

I saw this jersey for sale at the NBA store in New York on Friday.

It's officially debuting on Wednesday, but I'm going to the Sixers-Mavs game tonite so I'll try to get a pic of it if they have it at the Wachovia Center.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

It at least makes more sense than the Pittsburgh Pirates' red alt...

redsixers.jpg

Is that a real picture? Those guys look like cut outs.

That would be a good start for new unis. They need to get rid of that retarded Phila font and fade out out of black.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

The Sixers will be wearing these new "Road Alts" this week. It was revealed on the Philly broadcast tonight. Bytheway...the "Phila" goes back to the Wilt Chamberlan era. I would rather be there than here.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/red_jerseys_070211.html

Here is the annoucement...

Return of the Red: Sixers Unveil New Second Road Uniforms for Hometown Fans at Sixers-Wizards Game

Posted on Feb. 11, 2007

On Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2007, Philadelphia 76ers fans will have an opportunity to witness the "Return of the Red," as the Sixers unveil a new second road uniform with red as the predominant color accented by the team's other official colors of white, blue, black, silver and gold. This will mark the first time the team will wear red uniforms since the 1996-97 season.

"We feel we have created a uniform that respects and recognizes the rich tradition of 76ers basketball while also focusing on its future," said President Billy King. "Our second road uniforms feature elements that maintain our team's identity in a very unique way - one that we wanted to unveil first for our fans in Philadelphia."

The Sixers will wear the second road uniform for minimum of six games during each season and up to a maximum of 15 games, in addition to the standard black road uniform. It marks the first introduction of a second road uniform since 1999-2000 season.

The Sixers red second road uniforms - produced by adidas - will feature a new "PHILA" wordmark across the chest in a design similar to the team's primary logo, as well as white and blue striping around the V-neck. The jerseys will also feature the same font as the team's current home and road uniforms. The red shorts are adorned with the Sixers secondary logo above a blue accent on the side of the left leg.

In contrast to the team's current uniforms, the principal uniform fabric on the red uniforms is adidas climalite flatback mesh, which wicks moisture away from the skin to the outside of the fabric where it quickly evaporates. The side panel inserts are blue adidas climalite metallic stretch air.

The jerseys will go on sale beginning Sunday, February 11 at the Wachovia Center Fan Gear stores.

By the way...the "Phila" goes back to the Wilt Chamberlan era. I would rather be there than here.

It goes back further than that; the Phillies had "PHILA." on their road uniforms after the turn of the 20th century. Still, that doesn't change the fact that it looks asinine, and should be dumped ASAP. If you're not going to spell out the name of the city, then use the nickname of the team. Abbreviated city names look awful, and it doesn't matter who used what in the past. :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

By the way...the "Phila" goes back to the Wilt Chamberlan era. I would rather be there than here.

It goes back further than that; the Phillies had "PHILA." on their road uniforms after the turn of the 20th century. Still, that doesn't change the fact that it looks asinine, and should be dumped ASAP. If you're not going to spell out the name of the city, then use the nickname of the team. Abbreviated city names look awful, and it doesn't matter who used what in the past. :therock:

Well said, but I am not as strong against it.

The Phillies had the PHILA in the 1945 season.

GO PHX SUNS! :D

Archived