Best looking Super Bowl ever?

ZapRowsdower8

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, let's grade them:

XL - Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10. Grade D. The Blue Man Group vs. Pitt in out-of-order white.

XXXIX - New England 24, Philadelphia 21. Grade C. Your basic NFL uniforms today - a bit garish.

XXXVIII = New England 32, Carolina 29. Grade C-minus. Half-point deducted for Janet Jackson's lack of uniform :)

XXXVII - Tampa Bay 48, Oakland 21. Grade A-minus. The only all-pirate Super Bowl with one of the classics and one of the better new-wave unis.

XXXVI - New England 20, St. Louis 17. Grade C-minus for the "old gold" rams.

XXXV Jan. 28, 2001 Baltimore 34, N.Y. Giants 7. Grade D-minus. Lesser Giants vs. the awful Ravens.

XXXIV Jan. 30, 2000 St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16. Grade D. Rams saved this, but Tennessee looked bad.

XXXIII Jan. 31, 1999 Denver 34, Atlanta 19. Grade D. White Denver helped, but black Falcons bored.

XXXII Jan. 25, 1998 Denver 31, Green Bay 24. Grade D. White is not the Packers best look, and a negative vote for Team Nike.

XXXI Jan. 26, 1997 Green Bay 35, New England 21. Grade C. Packers a classic, but this was early-new wave Pats and looked awful.

XXX Jan. 28, 1996 Dallas 27, Pittsburgh 17. Grade A-minus. Memories of the 70s classics.

XXIX Jan. 29, 1995 San Francisco 49, San Diego 26. Grade B-minus. New-wave Niners vs. good but not great Chargers.

XXVIII Jan. 30, 1994 Dallas 30, Buffalo 13. Grade B. Dallas classics vs. Buffalo pre-makeover.

XXVII Jan. 31, 1993 Dallas 52, Buffalo 17. See previous year.

XXVI Jan. 26, 1992 Washington 37, Buffalo 24. See previous year.

XXV Jan. 27, 1991 N.Y. Giants 20, Buffalo 19. See previous year. Might have knocked this down a peg, but the SB XXV patches are classics.

XXIV Jan. 28, 1990 San Francisco 55, Denver 10. B-plus for the old-school Broncs.

XXIII Jan. 22, 1989 San Francisco 20, Cincinnati 16. B-plus for classic Bengals.

XXII Jan. 31, 1988 Washington 42, Denver 10. B-plus.

XXI Jan. 25, 1987 N.Y. Giants 39, Denver 20. B-minus for pre-oldie Giants.

XX Jan. 26, 1986 Chicago 46, New England 10 B-plus for Pat Patriot's only appearance.

XIX Jan. 20, 1985 San Francisco 38, Miami 16. B-plus.

XVIII Jan. 22, 1984 L.A. Raiders 38, Washington 9 B-plus.

XVII Jan. 30, 1983 Washington 27, Miami 17 B-minus.

XVI Jan. 24, 1982 San Francisco 26, Cincinnati 21 B-plus - remember when the Bengals unis were shocking!

XV Jan. 25, 1981 Oakland 27, Philadelphia 10. A-minus. Classic Oakland, near-classic philly.

XIV Jan. 20, 1980 Pittsburgh 31, L.A. Rams 19. A. Two classics, with the horn shoulders for the Rams.

XIII Jan. 21, 1979 Pittsburgh 35, Dallas 31. A. Iconic.

XII Jan. 15, 1978 Dallas 27, Denver 10. A-minus.

XI Jan. 9, 1977 Oakland 32, Minnesota 14. A-minus; would have been A with Raiders in black.

X Jan. 18, 1976 Pittsburgh 21, Dallas 17 A.

IX Jan. 12, 1975 Pittsburgh 16, Minnesota 6 A-minus. See XI.

VIII Jan. 13, 1974 Miami 24, Minnesota 7. A-minus. Purple and Aqua? sheesh.

VII Jan. 14, 1973 Miami 14, Washington 7 A.

VI Jan. 16, 1972 Dallas 24, Miami 3 A.

V Jan. 17, 1971 Baltimore 16, Dallas 13 A-plus for the old Dallas blues.

IV Jan. 11, 1970 Kansas City 23, Minnesota 7. Aplus.

III Jan. 12, 1969 N.Y. Jets 16, Baltimore 7 A plus - kelly green Jets and colts in blue.

II Jan. 14, 1968 Green Bay 33, Oakland 14 A plus. Who needs throwbacks with these teams?

I Jan. 15, 1967 Green Bay 35, Kansas City 10 A plus. Ditto.

This year has the potential to be A plus - if the patches aren't garish.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Surprised no one's mentioned SB III - Colts and Jets looked great.

gridiron_1.jpg

I totally agree. I forgot to make my picks earlier, but I was going to say SBIII. Also, worst, Philly/NE would be up there.

x, xiii best(xxx never happened because im a steelers fan)

xl worst but only because pittsburgh wore white and seattle apparently just returned from an undersea expedition.

on a side note and its probably been beaten to death on here, steelers need block numbers and grey facemasks

The Patriots never had good uniforms. The red shirts looked bad, the interim stuff was forgettable, the drop-shadow italics were decent in a weird way, and the Tekno Team 2000 stuff they have now isn't so hot either.

Favorites:

Super Bowl V (Colts/Cowboys)

Super Bowl VI (Cowboys/Dolphins)

Super Bowls X, XIII, and XXX (Cowboys/Steelers)

Super Bowl XV (Raiders/Eagles)

Super Bowl XXXII (Denver/Green Bay)

Super Bowl XLI (Bears/Colts)

Worst:

Super Bowl VII (Dolphins/Redskins)

Super Bowl IX (Steelers/Vikes)

Super Bowl XXII (Redskins/Broncos)

Super Bowl XXXIX (Pats/Eagles)

BEST: Love the classic Falcons look

s_dwightg.jpg

No, no, no...THIS is the "classic" Falcons look...

NboisAtl.jpg

I despise the Falcons but that's a great uni set. Pretty good linebacker, too. :D

Tommy Nobis...holy cockadoodles! And OML is that Tim Dwight? Oh my God it really IS him!!! One of my all-time favorite players, ever since U. of Iowa...speedy lil' bastard he was! What's he up to these days?

(Totally unrelated topic: anyone know what's up with Jeremy Bloom these days?)

Okay, back on topic...I must agree with whoever it was that posted the pic of the SB between the Los Angeles Rams (quite possibly the NFL's best-looking uniform set EVER) and the Titans, whose navy over white look is one of the better looks in today's league. (It's the OTHER way around I can't stand...that white over navy with navy socks. Memo to NFL teams: AX THE LEOTARD LOOK!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(Totally unrelated topic: anyone know what's up with Jeremy Bloom these days?)

He's with the Eagles, but was put on IR during training camp. Should be fine for next season, and hopefully he can return kicks and / or punts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Man, Saints in all-black versus the Colts all-white would have rocked.

Yes, if my "rocked" you mean "looked horrible". The Saints looked good with black pants on Sunday, but international law should be made to prevent them from wearing black on black. They have a unique color scheme, and if they could just match the golds, their home unis would be among the best in sports. Black on black is garbage screaming "Hey, screw history. We wanna look cool and intimidating." How could you say the classic look of the Colts would go well with that crap?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

heh, I don't figure I can name a worst. Best, though:

XXXI: Packers...hotness as always. Pats...best they ever had

II: Packers...see above. Raiders...see Packers

XXV: Giants...eh, I like their current stuff but their 80s/90s stuff wasn't bad either. Bills...can't complain

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived