Chicago Bears font

dpnation

Is the font they use in the end zones now the same as the 'old' Soldier Field? Currently it is CHICAGO and BEARS, but at the old SF it was Chicago and Bears, right? Just wondering if they currently use the same font, just have the caps lock on . . .

fade.gif

Is the font they use in the end zones now the same as the 'old' Soldier Field? Currently it is CHICAGO and BEARS, but at the old SF it was Chicago and Bears, right? Just wondering if they currently use the same font, just have the caps lock on . . .

Same font. Might have been "Regular" but the same font family.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what font da Bears use - if it's custom or what. Also, are the numbers the same font as the lettering? (I'm particularly interested in the lettering)

London Black, designed by Dennis Ortiz-Lopez.

http://ortiz-lopez.com/OLF27.html

The numbers are not the same font as the wordmark. They are used exclusively by the Chicago Bears.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think it was a different font. Both end zones said "Chicago" and if memory serves me right, "Chicago" was in lower case...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone knew what font da Bears use - if it's custom or what. Also, are the numbers the same font as the lettering? (I'm particularly interested in the lettering)

The numbers are not the same font as the wordmark. They are used exclusively by the Chicago Bears.

You'd be right on this, but aren't the Bengal's numbers pretty much exactly like the Bears numbers now?

They're drop-shadowed and a little thicker, but they're pretty close, yeah.

bearngals.jpg

Other than the 1 and 2, it just looks like a bolder version of the Bears, once you strip away the drop-shadows and stuff.

They're drop-shadowed and a little thicker, but they're pretty close, yeah.

bearngals.jpg

Other than the 1 and 2, it just looks like a bolder version of the Bears, once you strip away the drop-shadows and stuff.

7 is pretty different as well. I think that's enough of a difference to call it different.

Sorry to interupt...nothing to see here...nothing to see....

That font is almost the same as a Futura Black Extended.

"old" Soldier Field's endzone font...heh, it looked similar to Century Gothic, but the a (and probably the g) was different. as mentioned, both endzones had the Bears helmet, then Chicago and after that either the NFC N or NFL shield. when the Bears played on astroturf, Chicago was in white trimmed in orange, but when they went back to grass, this was inverted to orange trimmed in white. Mid 90s, though, the Chicago lettering was replaced by a script Bears (and the midfield C by the Ditka-era bear head), though this only lasted about 2-3 years.

Heh, I have the same problem with the current Bears endzones that I do with Notre Dame's current numbers, the old Chicago endzones had a certain character the new ones lack; just as the Champion numbers have an innate quality about them that regular block numbers will simply never duplicate on ND's jersey. Heck, even the script Bears endzones exuded a little somethin more than the current ones do.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

"old" Soldier Field's endzone font...heh, it looked similar to Century Gothic, but the a (and probably the g) was different. as mentioned, both endzones had the Bears helmet, then Chicago and after that either the NFC N or NFL shield. when the Bears played on astroturf, Chicago was in white trimmed in orange, but when they went back to grass, this was inverted to orange trimmed in white. Mid 90s, though, the Chicago lettering was replaced by a script Bears (and the midfield C by the Ditka-era bear head), though this only lasted about 2-3 years.

Heh, I have the same problem with the current Bears endzones that I do with Notre Dame's current numbers, the old Chicago endzones had a certain character the new ones lack; just as the Champion numbers have an innate quality about them that regular block numbers will simply never duplicate on ND's jersey. Heck, even the script Bears endzones exuded a little somethin more than the current ones do.

I agree on all accounts. And the script endzones were used only in 1995. They sucked.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The old Soldier Field endzone font used for the Bears was, I believe, a variation of Blue Highway. It pretty much is the same font that you see on Interstate highway control city signs (the big green things you see hanging over highways). I hope I'm right, and I hope I helped.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Archived