2007 WAmFL Expansion Team

Grish

I don't see the connection between the team name and the logos. What kind of enforcers are these? Certainly nothing to do with law enforcement. No mafia-style. They look more appropriate for Outlaws or a motorcycle gang. I see a disconnect here. I expected to see something police oriented, especially with DC, if it were Chicago, I would think Capone, mob.

What's the rationale?

While I do get the historical connection of the snake and the "Don't Tread on Me" Tag line, I think that WideRight hit the nail on the head. The logos themselves are more common with outlaws, bikers or something to that nature.

With the uniforms, I think that the shoulder yoke element should be used in the away jersey in order to keep it "uniform". I also say that the wording inside the pant stripes is not really working with the overall look of the design.

Ok, I think I will look to make a name switch. Washington Venom or Vipers, or Pythons.

I will consider some uniform tweaks over the next day or two and make need be adjustments.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

You can maybe go with rattlers or something else rattlesnake related, as the symbol of the colonies was a rattlesnake, hence the flag.

Also, is this being done in vector format? Nick and I are compiling all the WAmFL identities into a vector media guide, and it would be nice to have a ready-to-go logo on there if you're named to the league.

VmWIn6B.png

You can maybe go with rattlers or something else rattlesnake related, as the symbol of the colonies was a rattlesnake, hence the flag.

Also, is this being done in vector format? Nick and I are compiling all the WAmFL identities into a vector media guide, and it would be nice to have a ready-to-go logo on there if you're named to the league.

Yeah, name wise I think I am narrowing to Rattlers, Timber Rattlers, or Venom and making the snake a bit more "angery" looking. I think it would depend where the team is located. I think the Venom has a nice tie to politics plus snake idealism back to the colonies, if I am awarded Washington D.C. as a location... However, I do like the Rattlers as well.. I guess I am tossing and turing... and location location will have much to do with it. I am not opposed to being in New Mexico , Arizona etc if it helps out the league.

Yep this is all in vector...it is the only way to go-- i just transfer they format for easy of posting.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived