Minnesota Vikings Concept

js °

I LOVE the full beard, but as a critique, and to keep a part of the old style logo, would it be possible to slighty outline, or just make a tad prominent the mustache part of the beard? I think the long mustache of the current logo is killer, that along with your beard would be simply magical.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

This Vikings fan doesn't like the bearded logo at all. Yes, it's more realistic, but if you wanted to be totally realistic, you'd go without horns on the helmets since real Vikings didn't wear horned helmets. That's just a legend, but a great legend it has become.

But I really like the updated moustached Viking. It's a smoother transition from the old Viking logo. Great job.

That's damn good... I really admire your work.

My only critique would be that your version needs the braid over his shoulder like the current logo. I feel braids really give the logo the feel of a viking.

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

really nice work, js - i especially like the first version...the lines are really clean and it would be a great modernization for the vikings - i do, however, think the purple outline is a little too thick...maybe back off a pt or 2 - i also agree with ballwonk on the neck issue...an easy fix would to bring an extra lock of hair in and let it fall in front of the neck as the braid currently does

i think the shield would make a fantastic alternate or secondary (with the first, non-bearded viking in it), but i think the viking should fill more of the shield and i would change the shield background to the yellow-gold color for 2 reasons 1.) it would be more realistic...the yellow gold has a metallic feel to it and 2.) it would allow you to see the entire logo, outline and all

great work, as always

jldesigns404eo.png

thanks everyone for the feedback and compliments ...

leggman ... i agreed with the thickness of the purple outline (i made an effort to use purple much more for this, as i think its the dominant color in the scheme, and in fandom 'purple people eaters', 'purple pride', etc), so here it is now with an updated gold outline:

vikings_1.jpg

also, for the reason of emphasis on purple, I disagree with the gold shield. Plus the purple shield works much stronger in conjunction with the pants patch on the stripe. I agree with everything you said though, and were it not for those two things ... I would agree with you completely. thanks for the good criticism guys ... keep it coming.

so ps, or illustrator? :)

hey sorry man ... actually, the way i do my work is typically this:

pencil sketches

scan

trace in flash

(i actually use flash for all my illustration needs ... illustrator is a very deep and amazing tool, but there is too much there for someone merely looking to create a 3 or 4 color mark, and edit it as easily as possible. this is why i use flash ... allows me to edit colors and lines much easier, and then i can always output it as an illustrator file)

i then screenshot that, and add my watermarking (the photoshop effects you see, the tarnished shadow, etc)

voila .. hope that helps

so ps, or illustrator? :)

hey sorry man ... actually, the way i do my work is typically this:

pencil sketches

scan

trace in flash

(i actually use flash for all my illustration needs ... illustrator is a very deep and amazing tool, but there is too much there for someone merely looking to create a 3 or 4 color mark, and edit it as easily as possible. this is why i use flash ... allows me to edit colors and lines much easier, and then i can always output it as an illustrator file)

i then screenshot that, and add my watermarking (the photoshop effects you see, the tarnished shadow, etc)

voila .. hope that helps

yeah, that helps a ton, i gotta get my scanner working again so i could do that. thanks

Picture21.png

I'd like to see a new uniform design with the entire head on the helmet... to me, it would look great (like the Pats helmets in the way it's used).

GASP!

Please, don't even think of ditching the Viking horns. Your idea would be tantamount to the Detroit Tigers in pinstripes.

Nice work js! I like the mustache better just because you can still keep a little of the old design in the new one. I know your trying to emphasize more purple, but to me the purple outline around the head is a little to thick. Maybe its just a personal preference.

I definitly dig the jerseys! I enjoy the simplicity and boldness of them. As a Vikings fan the new ones look to much like the Arena Football League jerseys.

Archived