How can the Reds and Bears have the same logo?

seahawk9

I'm sure there is some kind of agreement that they can both use the similar C, since many teams used similar type and logos way back when (for example, look how many colleges used the same mascot in the pillbox hat logo). Also, the Bears use their C in blue and orange while the Reds primarily use it in red and white which limits some confusion.

the Bears C and the Reds C aint the same. similar, yes. the same, hell no, and it has nothing to do with coloration. the Bears C, as shown, is assymetrical much like Missouri's M used to be. the Reds' C, by contrast, is more symmetrical. basically, the difference is most apparent when, like in this thread, they're put side by side and you can see where the Bears C's gap aligns compared to that of the Reds C.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the Bears C and the Reds C aint the same. similar, yes. the same, hell no, and it has nothing to do with coloration. the Bears C, as shown, is assymetrical much like Missouri's M used to be. the Reds' C, by contrast, is more symmetrical. basically, the difference is most apparent when, like in this thread, they're put side by side and you can see where the Bears C's gap aligns compared to that of the Reds C.

I'm not pulling out a compass to check that out.

I was going to say, "How can you put a trademark on a Wishbone C?" But the alphabet doesn't go A-B-C-wishbone-D-E-F...

Knicks used to use the same NY as the Yankees, but I'm sure it's different.

Same phenomenon with Green Bay, Grambling, and Georgia.

Old topic of discussion here. The Chi/cincy wishbone 'c' is probably a public domain font/logo. A lot of teams have used it in the past, with slight modifications.

The Green Bay/Georgia/Grambling G was discussed some last year. Apparently Georgia pays Green Bay for the right to use the 'G' . Grambling, however, had not paid for the use of the 'G', or had let their agreement to use it expire, and the Packers were considering legal options.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

And it doesn't even apply, because they'd been playing in Wrigleyville for almost 50 years, then downtown for about 35 more, both far from the Midway Plaisance in Hyde Park. Even though it's synonymous with Da Bears now, we need an update. ______ of the lakefront?

And it doesn't even apply, because they'd been playing in Wrigleyville for almost 50 years, then downtown for about 35 more, both far from the Midway Plaisance in Hyde Park. Even though it's synonymous with Da Bears now, we need an update. ______ of the lakefront?

When they played in Wrigleyville, nobody called it Wrigleyville. :) The Midway name, if memory serves, was created by the newspapers when the Bears practiced in Hyde Park. I believe this was mid 1930s to early 40s.

Want another nick name besides Monsters of Midway? Lake Michigan Maulers? Windy City Wrecking Crew? South Loop Soldier...? Eh, lets stay with Monsters.

Archived