College Basketball Floors

whitedawg22

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I don't have a pic, Northwestern State's court is unique. There are flames that "shoot" from the baselines. The court also says "Demons" and "Lady Demons"; other than Tennessee (whose court has the logos of both the men's and women's teams), I can't recall any other court with gender equality.

Although I don't have a pic, Northwestern State's court is unique. There are flames that "shoot" from the baselines. The court also says "Demons" and "Lady Demons"; other than Tennessee (whose court has the logos of both the men's and women's teams), I can't recall any other court with gender equality.

This is a cool court. I am not a fan of Boise State (never have been even when they had the Trival Pursuit game piece at the top of the key) nor am I a fan of the old Florida court or gradients on the court like Oklahoma State or Montana State. But the flames at Northwestern State aren't gaudy, they're unique and it fits for some reason.

Last year when I was coaching at McNeese was my first trip out to Natchitoches. The arena/airplane hanger left a little to be desired, but I really liked the floor. We got our butts kicked (they were loaded to say the least... just ask Iowa).

CCSLC Signature.jpg

How long has Texas Lutheran had that bulldog head logo because it looks very similar to Ferris' bulldog.

bulldog.gif

Ferris-State-Logo.jpg

As far as I know, TLU has used this since the 1997-98ish school year. They did a redesign when they brought football back and the move to Division III. I got here in 2003 and said the same thing you did, "That looks like Ferris State!"

Here's the original Redesign. Looks like Ferris State slapped on the Kentucky Wildcat body:

OldTLUlogo.gif

Here's the version we use most for athletics:

TLU_head_wrdmrk.jpg

Coacher: Did/does the McNeese uniforms say "Cowboys" on the back in lieu of player names, like the football team? That is a unique way to emphasize that the team and not the individual comes first.

Our basketball uniforms had the players last name on them. Although the idea behind what the football team does is great, I personally am not a fan. I'd rather nothing across the back. At McNeese it has become tradition for the football team to do that. I know they have a new head football coach, but if he were to change that it'd be like Penn State adding another color to their football uniforms.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

dutyfree said:

This pic doesn't do it justice, but Minnesota's Williams Arena uses restraint and looks great.

I think that would be a great floor if they would get goldy out of the middle and put the "M" there.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This pic doesn't do it justice, but Minnesota's Williams Arena uses restraint and looks great.

willarena.jpg

Maybe it looks okay, but you don't play basketball on a table-top.

The Palestra, on the other hand... not many more hallowed courts than this one:

palestra-inside-250.jpg

LvZYtbZ.png

I love our court. The stained wood looks much better in person too. There also happens to be alot of symbolism in the elements of our court that relate to our university. Texas A&M has one of just a handful of parquet basketball courts in the country, and the stain really makes the intricate woodwork stand out. We're proud to be Texans, especially being the oldest public institution of higher-learning in the state. We didn't want to just put our state symbol in a thin layer of paint on top of the court; we ingrained it into the very wood of the court itself. At center court, a large T-Star is painted on top of the state of Texas. While the T-Star remains the secondary mark to the TAM logo, it is a powerful mark that has long represented the University well. The T-star is a modified version of the star and T that are in the center of the original University Seal. The most symbolic element of the court is the five stars. The center court star, along with the four stars at each of the corners of the court, are representative of the five stars (one large in the center flanked by two smaller stars on each side) that adorn the shield on the cap of the Aggie Ring, which is one of the most symbolic of our traditions. The five stars on the ring refer to the phases of development of any Aggie: mind or intellect; body; spiritual attainment; emotional poise; and integrity of character.

TexasAggiessig.jpg

PROUDEST MEMBER OF THE FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE CLASS OF 2005... WHOOP!

Syracuse University

(it's the best I could find in the short time I have to look)

Hoops

domebasketballka2.th.jpg

Football

domefootballes5.th.jpg

Lax

domelaxuq2.th.jpg

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Any 'best basketball court' discussion that doesn't include Colorado State's has absolutely no validity. Here's a picture of it, but you can't really see any of the basketball court markings since they're white and the photo is of crappy quality. It's kind of hard to see, but they use two different shades of stain, one of the stains makes up ram horns and is just dark enough to where you can see them.

moby2.jpg

Not the best picture, I know, but it's the best I can find. You may have to tilt your screens or whatever to see it better. I'm also pretty certain that the negative space inside of the horns forms the circle at the top of the key.

IUe6Hvh.png

Syracuse University

Hoops

domebasketballka2.th.jpg

Football

domefootballes5.th.jpg

Lax

domelaxuq2.th.jpg

I am pretty sure 'Cuse changed their court art this year it has the Block S with Syracuse written above it arched, and Beoheim's signature underneath the "S".

As for UB it is horrible, It has the new logo w/wordmark underneath and no writing under the basket, just a MAC logo.

Canisius College

kac01.jpg

St. Bonaventure

RCwideshot.JPG

saBS.png

I know it's small, but here's USF's court work:

SLHTKWUMYWNDWEQ.20061209190026.jpg

As bad as I think our is(green green green. no gold? no white? no black?), I guess it's not half bad compared to others....

I LOVE Boise State's, and I think we can sum up the epsn columnist's taste very easily: simple = good, busy = bad.

SigReflect.png

I nominate "The Summitt" at Thompson-Boling arena (though it was cooler when we just had the state of Tennessee at mid-court):

tba-floor_1729-web2.jpg

And with fans doing the checkerboard:

arena-checkers_9535.jpg

I found a shot of the old floor, although it's a bit hard to make out the state map:

attrec.jpg

Syracuse University

Hoops

domebasketballka2.th.jpg

I am pretty sure 'Cuse changed their court art this year it has the Block S with Syracuse written above it arched, and Beoheim's signature underneath the "S".

]]

I thought so too, but none of the photos I found had the new court design.

Strange.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived