College Basketball Floors

whitedawg22

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KU used to have a classic look - the state of Kansas Outline and a small jayhawk in the middle of the state that was at mid-court. That was there for years, even Roy Williams era for a short bit before it changed.

My brother and I attended the KU-Boston College Game in Lawrence last December. It had been 20 years since I had last seen a game at the "phog" - it was Danny Mannings final home game as a Senior vs. Oklahoma State - I believe Danny scored 25 pts that night (just like his jersey #)

This is their current court - a bit fuzzy but you get the idea of what he is talking about~

KUBB_court_Dec2006.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I hate it too. They had 3 different designs they let fans vote on when the stadium was being finished...one had a garnet filling and the other was just hardwood. The gradient got 56% and 4,000 more votes than the others, who shared the other half. I guess it's the "hip" look people thought was cool when it's really ugly and ghetto when ya think about it.

I gotta rep for Marquette, probably the most underrated floor in the Big East, if not the country.

It bucks the trend of prominent coaches names on the floor with a very simple, understated "AL" in a circle with "AL MCGUIRE COURT" ringing it in smaller letters.

n20302339_31146240_4538.jpg

Here's a more zoomed-in version.

n20302339_31412280_7532.jpg

I LOVE college basketball floors. I've kicked around the idea of doing a Helmet Project type database, with either photography or vector images using the basketball floor template, but it's way too daunting a task for just me to do.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if any other schools other than Indiana and UNC have a state outline at half court? I love the state outlines, there's something very nostalgic about them to me- I miss Ohio State having the outline on theirs.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if any other schools other than Indiana and UNC have a state outline at half court? I love the state outlines, there's something very nostalgic about them to me- I miss Ohio State having the outline on theirs.

When I was on staff at Washington State, we had the state outline as well as the best logo in america! Here's what it looked like from 1994-1999:

WSUCourta.jpg

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Homerism is rampant on this thread, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats the new parkade floor at Wazzu:

friel_court.jpg

Edit: actually the floor IS perfect, the team's unis need some help.

But I do like your poast coacher42, and for fun a picture of the old floor at Friel:

beaslycourt-lg.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

But I do like your poast coacher42, and for fun a picture of the old floor at Friel:

Lame nitpick time. Friel is the name of the court but it's the Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum. So the picture is of Friel at Beasley.

Commence tomato throwing.

can't find any photos,but i do have video,and it pains me to say this,but Tennessee State's court has to be the WORST,because it painted in NAVY and that's a bad because it's not one of their official colors the ,and the end courts looks very cluttered.Now shown in the video the Tiger's head @ center court.

http://tsutigers.com/video/basketball.mpg

And while I'm @ it

I nominate "The Summitt" at Thompson-Boling arena (though it was cooler when we just had the state of Tennessee at mid-court):

tba-floor_1729-web2.jpg

And with fans doing the checkerboard:

arena-checkers_9535.jpg

I found a shot of the old floor, although it's a bit hard to make out the state map:

attrec.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong w/ the current floor although "TENNESSEE" on the center court is a but much,but i liked the old one better,simple but effective.

Regarding the A&M floor, I think most people who think it's ugly have only seen it on TV. On television, the stained sections look much more orange than they really are, and you really can't see the grain of the wood through it very well. The stain is actually much more brown. This picture does it better justice.

10696_800.jpg

Homerism is rampant on this thread, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats the new parkade floor at Wazzu:

friel_court.jpg

Edit: actually the floor IS perfect, the team's unis need some help.

beaslycourt-lg.jpg

Ah memories of the Palouse!I got many a parking ticket (and ensuing wheel lock) for parking in the service entrance to Beasley for practice. Damned parking nazis at WSU.

Yeah, the new Friel...? Not feeling the Parque. If it were a normal floor, I'd dig it. Maybe I am too old school and can't let go of the past.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Archived