1982 Redskins

Shroinke

Anybody know why the logo listed for the 1982 Redskins is backwards?

WSH_zh2dlesaa9i69f6flilx.gif

The logos before and after it are the regular, forward-facing face.

Also, when I looked up pictures from that year (when they won the Super Bowl), all the logos on their helmets faced the same direction as today.

mmosely2.jpg

Is it because it was a strike year, or what?

Well, first off, the logo you posted and the logo on the helmets is different, so something has gone amiss. Check the feathers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, first off, the logo you posted and the logo on the helmets is different, so something has gone amiss. Check the feathers.

The Redskins used this version of the logo (with the bent feathers) in 1982. From the website Helmets, Helmets, Helmets:

"According to some sources, the 1982 helmet above was only worn by some players that year. Other players continued to wear the "straight" feather version that is still used today."

Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. I don't want anyone to see.

Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. I don't want anyone to see.

Hey, can't you read the sign? *points to large, bold sign that reads NO QUOTING NAPOLEON DYNAMITE*

All the decals in 1982 had the curved feathers. It was that way all season. Best consensus guess around DC is that it was simply some kind of manufacturing error that the Redskins were stuck with for a year.

Yeah, the simple solution is to crank out a batch of straight-feathered decals which takes, what, a hour? -- and have them on the helmets without no one noticing.

Who knows? But everyone wore them ... but only that one year.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived