Super Bowl XLII Logo

Mac the Knife

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, it's not a bad logo, but it's really uninspired. The last three don't sport the level of refinement or evidence of creative thought found in logos of the last ten or fifteen years. They're using the same type, less geographic reference, and poorer composition. It really just doesn't look like they are spending the time and effort in these new Super Bowl logos that they did in the previous few.

My thoughts exactly.

It almost makes me wonder if at some point does the NFL decide to use a "standard" Super Bowl logo. (similar to what MLB rhe NBA and NHL does)

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

You know, it's not a bad logo, but it's really uninspired. The last three don't sport the level of refinement or evidence of creative thought found in logos of the last ten or fifteen years. They're using the same type, less geographic reference, and poorer composition. It really just doesn't look like they are spending the time and effort in these new Super Bowl logos that they did in the previous few.

My thoughts exactly.

It almost makes me wonder if at some point does the NFL decide to use a "standard" Super Bowl logo. (similar to what MLB rhe NBA and NHL does)

NHL does. NBA does. MLB hasn't used a template since 1999.

asu-tillman-in-memory-banner.jpg

So...when does the the XLIII logo come out?

Well, if it's anything like when we discovered the XLI and XLII logos, I wouldn't expect anyone to see it until the end of January 2008.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I am going to the presser tomorrow so I will ask them about the logo... lets hope this really isn't it.

I just don't see the symbolism that can be found in the other logos. Using the random shape of the state is silly. A cactus is cliche, but the agave from the host committee is clever...

I am going to the presser tomorrow so I will ask them about the logo... lets hope this really isn't it.

I just don't see the symbolism that can be found in the other logos. Using the random shape of the state is silly. A cactus is cliche, but the agave from the host committee is clever...

Any news on the SB XLII logo? Today is suppose to be the big day, right?

i like 01-04 logo probably the best

2346.gif

2344.gif<- my favorite

2343.gif

2342.gif

and of course nothing beats this logo:

2381.gif

the XL logo looks like something i would see on the tag of my underwear

the XLI is a bit too lazy for my tastes

and the XLII one i'm torn on, one one hand i like the logo concept but i don't like the colors.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

So this is straight from Debbie Wardrop's mouth... she is the CEO of the Host Committee... Once we talked I realized what the elements are, but they are too abstract... Follow along closely:

The logo uses the shape of the state of Arizona as its backdrop. The state is curved into the shape of one exterior panel of University of Phoenix Stadium and is colored a deep red to reflect the red rock hue of Arizona?s natural areas.

The ?XLII? is colored turquoise harkening the natural stone used in jewelry across the state.

Two stars, one red and one blue streak across the state to symbolize the AFC and NFC conferences of the NFL that face off in the Super Bowl.

I get it but c'mon!

The mascot is even worse. A giant football with sunglasses reflecting the desert...

So this is straight from Debbie Wardrop's mouth... she is the CEO of the Host Committee... Once we talked I realized what the elements are, but they are too abstract... Follow along closely:

The logo uses the shape of the state of Arizona as its backdrop. The state is curved into the shape of one exterior panel of University of Phoenix Stadium and is colored a deep red to reflect the red rock hue of Arizona?s natural areas.

The ?XLII? is colored turquoise harkening the natural stone used in jewelry across the state.

Two stars, one red and one blue streak across the state to symbolize the AFC and NFC conferences of the NFL that face off in the Super Bowl.

I get it but c'mon!

The mascot is even worse. A giant football with sunglasses reflecting the desert...

Here is said mascot:

SBlogo.jpg

Archived