2011 Superbowl Logo (partial)

Viola73

Indianapolis is making a case to host the 2011 Superbowls in their new stadium The Lucas Oil Stadium.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=int...104&prov=ap

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=int...101&prov=ap

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=int...103&prov=ap

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=int...102&prov=ap

I hope you can access the photos through these links.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't the NFL have a rule against playing the Superbowl outdoors in any climate where it might get even a little bit cold in the middle of winter?

(Not that playing a contact sport in a suit of armor, with long lists of lawyerly rules against most kinds of contact, for only a few seconds at a time between long breaks of standing around resting or getting someone else to come in and substitute for you, and then refusing to play the championship game anywhere it might drop below 50 degrees in February, makes the NFL look like a bunch of girly-men or anything. No, no, being afraid of a little snow during the coldest week of the year is completely manly.)

20082614447.png

for the love of god keep the superbowl out of cold weather cities, no offense to indianapolis but keep it in California, Arizona, Louisiana, and Florida (minus Jacksonville). Just my personal opinion.

Dont forget Texas, with Houston hosting in the past and possibly Dallas in the near future.

Minneapolis and Detroit have both hosted, i dont see why Indianapolis can't.

No offense to either of those cities, I'm sure they're great and I don't want to start any wars with residents of them, but I just think a traveling circus that is the Super Bowl should be played in marquee entertainment cities when it's warm. Now I live in Boston and absolutely love it, but do I not think (if there was a domed stadium in Boston) there should ever be a Super Bowl here.

And I did forget to mention Texas, my fault.

The fact that the Final Four is in that city every 5 years is bad enough. It is the most boring city I've been to for a Final Four.

Last year's Final Four program had a layout of Luca Oil Stadium for the next Final Four in Indy. They plan on putting the court in the middle of the building.

Minneapolis and Detroit have both hosted, i dont see why Indianapolis can't.

No offense to either of those cities, I'm sure they're great and I don't want to start any wars with residents of them, but I just think a traveling circus that is the Super Bowl should be played in marquee entertainment cities when it's warm. Now I live in Boston and absolutely love it, but do I not think (if there was a domed stadium in Boston) there should ever be a Super Bowl here.

And I did forget to mention Texas, my fault.

Why though? I can understand that people don't enjoy cold weather in general but I would love to see a SB game in the fridged and hopefully snowy Lambeau Field. Brings a little character to what has usually been a pretty bland game. Grey Cup in November and more often then not it's at an outdoor stadium! :flagcanada:

Anyone here BEEN to Indianapolis and Miami, or San Diego?

I love Indy, but it is a small palce. Not a huge night life section of downtown. Not a lot fo places to eat.

Comparitively, this must be the smallest city pitching to host. Anyone know any stats?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I love Indy, but it is a small palce. Not a huge night life section of downtown. Not a lot fo places to eat.

Comparitively, this must be the smallest city pitching to host. Anyone know any stats?

Definately smaller than the other competition (Dallas, Pheonix), however Indy is 12th largest city in the US (Dallas -9th, Pheonix -6th)

As an Indy resident the nightlife isn't anything to rave about, but it is there. I think the Super bowl would bring a lot of excitement during the week as well. While the weather isn't great here, the downtown is so condensed that its not a big deal to walk around. Also looking at Dallas, its only averages 55* there in January, not exaclty the warmest place.

I live in San Diego, what about it?

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Definately smaller than the other competition (Dallas, Pheonix), however Indy is 12th largest city in the US (Dallas -9th, Pheonix -6th)

Indy is the 12th largest by population within the city limits, but you should really look at the population of the metropolitan area, or TV market size. That's a more accurate representation.

In metro area, Indy ranks 35th:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite...s_by_population

1 New York?Northern New Jersey?Long Island NY?NJ?PA 18,747,320

2 Los Angeles?Long Beach?Santa Ana CA 12,923,547

3 Chicago?Naperville?Joliet IL?IN?WI 9,443,356

4 Philadelphia?Camden?Wilmington PA?NJ?DE?MD 5,823,233

5 Dallas?Fort Worth?Arlington TX 5,819,475

6 Miami?Fort Lauderdale?Miami Beach FL 5,422,200

7 Houston?Sugar Land?Baytown TX 5,280,077

8 Washington?Arlington?Alexandria DC?VA?MD?WV 5,214,666

9 Atlanta?Sandy Springs?Marietta GA 4,917,717

10 Detroit?Warren?Livonia MI 4,488,335

11 Boston?Cambridge?Quincy MA?NH 4,411,835

12 San Francisco?Oakland?Fremont CA 4,152,688

35 Indianapolis?Carmel IN 1,640,591

By TV market, Indy ranks ranks 25th:

http://www.digitalsyndicate.tv/markets.html

If it were strictly football, it wouldn't matter where the game was played.

But the NFL is selling the experience, with the game, the setting and so on.

Still, don't you think a game in Green Bay would be remembered for all time?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

i think the super bowl winner should have the first choice to host it the following year

just a thought

anyone agree?

Terrible idea.

As for the Super Bowl being held in Green Bay, I'd love to see that, absolutely love to. Will it happen? VERY unlikely, I don't think its tradition is enough to get a pass on the Selection Committee's rules.

Archived