A new look for Yahoo! Sports

NDwas

A few unpopular sites I can think of that use centering are MySpace and Facebook...guess they never got this memo. Yahoo and MSN are the top 2 visited sites...both use centering. YouTube uses it too, guess they don't know what they are doing either. Oh, those tech idiots over at Microsoft do the same thing.

:therock::rolleyes::shocked:

A few unpopular sites I can think of that use centering are MySpace and Facebook...guess they never got this memo. Yahoo and MSN are the top 2 visited sites...both use centering. YouTube uses it too, guess they don't know what they are doing either. Oh, those tech idiots over at Microsoft do the same thing.

:therock::rolleyes::shocked:

Yeah, I thought about MySpace immediately after I posted that. Maybe it's just because the sites that I frequent (and therefore the only ones anyone should ever use [/sarcasm]) are left justified that I thought that. I do honestly think it looks way more professional to go to the left, regardless of who is centering (MSN, etc.)

In order to accomodate all screen resolutions, a common practice (certainly not the only way of doing it though) is to code your site for 800 or maybe even 1024 width. With a lot of widescreen monitors that support resolutions over 1600 w, this leads to wasted space on either side and IMO looks bad. IMO putting the content on the left, and then using the varying amount of extra space for ads or other non-essential content looks a lot more professional. Adjusting dynamically for differing resolutions may be even better, but is probably more trouble to implement than it is worth.

I like the fact that if you're signed on, and have the hockey or basketball or whatever page up, you can propse a trade right there. It takes you right to your fantasy team page, so you can add a player, drop etc...

As for left justified versus centered and all that, I don't care. As long as it's easy to use, who cares?

Archived