What's your favorite scoreboard?

Titanium Eagle

I'm a big scoreboard fan (don't really know why, I've just been fascinated with em since I was little) and I wanted to know what you guys' favorites are. Since many scoreboards look alike, you can post your other favorite things about a stadium or arena.

Mine:

Memphis Grizzlies (credit to the USRT [www.thesportsroadtrip.com])

mem1044.jpg

More teams need to go white (OKC does it on their backboard shot clocks) instead of amber. It seems less dreary and it pops more.

Philadelphia 76ers

Big board (new for this year):

S3.jpg

Old one for reference (taken by me last year):

DSCF0014.jpg

Transparent shot clocks with the mini-boards on the stanchion (we had 'em first :P ):

DSCF0041.jpg

philliescreamersig2copy.png

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scoreboard_1.jpg

The Charlotte Bobcats Arena scoreboard is the largest scoreboard in any indoor entertainment venue in the country and features the largest video screen in use in any NBA facility. With no fixed images, the scoreboard?s full-screen LED technology allows an unlimited configuration of live and recorded video, scores, animation and graphics.

A unique, three-dimensional backlit cityscape above the scoreboard features the Charlotte skyline and uses a 360-degree projection system that allows the skyline to change and feature graphics such as airplanes and fireworks and night-time or daytime skies.

The scoreboard is 38-feet-high by 36-feet-wide, features four 16-foot-high by 28-foot-long LED video screens, and weighs 80,000 pounds.

Quirk? How about the retractable field at University of Phoenix Stadium:

20060909_PH2006090901190.jpg

8751.jpg

8752.jpg

But then again, I'm a biased Cardinals fan...

I also love the 60-foot tall, transparent (perforated metal) logo in the north entrance/Gate 2:

20060811_P8120003_b.jpg

07wrigley-field-scoreboard.jpg

This one wins for the flags on top.

How many other scoreboards have been made into a small version you can buy? Now that's an icon.

http://www.dugout-memories.com/wrig.html

wrig2.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived