What's your favorite scoreboard?

Titanium Eagle

Both of Buffalo's scoreboards are old and are being replaced for next season. Yay! My favorite is really anyone with HD. Philly's looks really nice, I hope that is what HSBC's looks like next year.

I dont know where you get your info, but the Bills are getting a new scoreboard, but there hasnt been any news about hsbc replacing their godawful big blue thing.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../702010364/tbd/

2004RedSox.png

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heinz Field Scoreboard with the giant ketchup bottles digitally flowing and filling up the board when the steelers are in the red zone.

:DDSC_0108.jpg

Wally.jpg

I always liked Atlanta Fulton County Stadium's RF scoreboard. Wonder if that thing is still kicking around today.

Considering its been demolished for years now... <_<

bSLCtu2.png

I'm going to sound like a homer, but keep in mind I'm not a Braves fan...

The Braves humoungous HD screen in center field is ridiculously cool. It's hard to keep your eyes off it the first time you see it. I don't know how big it is, but it seems like it's at least 10 stories tall:

128222-Atlanta-Braves-scoreboard-0.jpg

As for other quirks, I like how Philips Arena stacks its luxury suites all on one side. Plus, the beams that spell ATLANTA on one side:

philipsarena.jpg

:DDSC_0108.jpg

Wally.jpg

thats pretty hookie if you ask me. just a shamless plug for a company and has nothing to do with the teams identity. now the bucks ship is a cool way to intergrate the teams personality into the stadium

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I have always liked the Ice Projector at HSBC Arena. I think Buffalo was the first pro team to have such a system. I'm not sure how unique it is anymore, but it is much cooler than a few spinning logos or even some of the laser light shows most arenas have.

The State-of-the-art Ice Projection System utilizes the 200? by 85? ice surface as a giant movie screen.

iceimage2.jpg

I'm another one who loves the Wachovia Center's new scoreboard. I've been so spoiled by it this season at Flyers games. Across the street at the Spectrum, I've caught myself looking up at the scoreboard during Phantoms games only to be disappointed to see no video. Even catching road games in other cities where there is video on the board, it's just so much easier to see on the widescreen high-def board.

I'm going to sound like a homer, but keep in mind I'm not a Braves fan...

The Braves humoungous HD screen in center field is ridiculously cool. It's hard to keep your eyes off it the first time you see it. I don't know how big it is, but it seems like it's at least 10 stories tall:

128222-Atlanta-Braves-scoreboard-0.jpg

As for other quirks, I like how Philips Arena stacks its luxury suites all on one side. Plus, the beams that spell ATLANTA on one side:

61003670_be1bacd810_m.jpg

Edited by me: Because I couldn't see it.

YES! Both of those are things that I love about those two venues. Another thing about the Braves: At night games the tomahawk on the scoreboard does the Tomahawk Chop when it kicks up. I can't get enough of the Tomahawk Chop, and when you have a big ol neon one doing it, it doesn't get any better.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

But my all time favorite is the Boston Garden/FleetCenter/Whatever the NBA/NHL arena in Boston is called now. Because to look at the score, you have to look at 16 NBA Championships. And there's nothing better than having championships remind you of the good ol days.

boston_banners.jpg

YES! Both of those are things that I love about those two venues. Another thing about the Braves: At night games the tomahawk on the scoreboard does the Tomahawk Chop when it kicks up. I can't get enough of the Tomahawk Chop, and when you have a big ol neon one doing it, it doesn't get any better.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

I hate the Braves, but that is awesome.

I love the new scoreboard they installed at GM Place in Vancouver...

1001233aa2.jpg

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Archived