What's your favorite scoreboard?

Titanium Eagle

the foghorn after a Duck score at Autzen Stadium, followed by the band firing into "Mighty Oregon." Everything shaking at The Pit (McArthur Court) when the Ducks are really going, plus having the FIRST NCAA men's basketball national championship banner.

the Rose Garden's scoreboard is, well, old and nothing spectacular, but it does the job.

harperdc.gif

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands-down:

greer5.jpg

Scoreboard

The guitar-shaped scoreboard is a fan favorite for all who come to Greer Stadium. It is 60' in width (guitar body), 36' (scoreboard/neck), 19.6'(turning key section). The height is 53' and depth is 24'. Visitors come out regularly to take pictures of this unusual scoreboard. It is considered one of the best in all of baseball. Tri-Vision advertising on the scoreboard (8' by 20') is also available.

In terms of scoreboards, when it's finished, the 500 ton SuperMegaApocalypseOhMy:censored:ingGodUltraJumbotron in the new Cowboys' stadium.

I am rather partial to the pool at Chase Field as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But then again, I'm a biased Cardinals fan...

Now all they need to do is win some games :D

I have always liked the Ice Projector at HSBC Arena. I think Buffalo was the first pro team to have such a system. I'm not sure how unique it is anymore, but it is much cooler than a few spinning logos or even some of the laser light shows most arenas have.

The State-of-the-art Ice Projection System utilizes the 200? by 85? ice surface as a giant movie screen.

iceimage2.jpg

Ill admit, that is very nice

andysoccer12a.png

Hands-down:

greer5.jpg

Scoreboard

The guitar-shaped scoreboard is a fan favorite for all who come to Greer Stadium. It is 60' in width (guitar body), 36' (scoreboard/neck), 19.6'(turning key section). The height is 53' and depth is 24'. Visitors come out regularly to take pictures of this unusual scoreboard. It is considered one of the best in all of baseball. Tri-Vision advertising on the scoreboard (8' by 20') is also available.

Took the words right out of my mouth.But would it kill them update the scoreboard to reflect the team's current color and and to be capable of showing video.

Both of Buffalo's scoreboards are old and are being replaced for next season. Yay! My favorite is really anyone with HD. Philly's looks really nice, I hope that is what HSBC's looks like next year.

I dont know where you get your info, but the Bills are getting a new scoreboard, but there hasnt been any news about hsbc replacing their godawful big blue thing.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../702010364/tbd/

I heard Larry Quinn on WGR say that they will be getting a new jumbotron this off-season.

saBS.png

Both of Buffalo's scoreboards are old and are being replaced for next season. Yay! My favorite is really anyone with HD. Philly's looks really nice, I hope that is what HSBC's looks like next year.

I dont know where you get your info, but the Bills are getting a new scoreboard, but there hasnt been any news about hsbc replacing their godawful big blue thing.

I heard Larry Quinn on WGR say that they will be getting a new jumbotron this off-season.

doesnt seem to be the slightest bit of info online about it. i think you may be mistaken.

2004RedSox.png

*sigh* I miss the original Bernie Brewer, his chalet and barrel. The "Bernie's Dugout" at Miller Park doesn't match it.

And another old one I miss - at Lambeau Field until the early 80s, Pabst Blue Ribbon was the main scoreboard sponsor, and when the Packers scored a touchdown, the T in Pabst would flash on and off.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I love Kauffman Stadium. It's great place to watch a game. The fountain shows are fantastic and th fact that they tied the design of Arrowhead and Kauffman together makes for a nice continuity.

fountains.JPG

Notre Dame Stadium.

Not one video screen in the place, no ad blitz, and an old lightbulb powered scoreboard. It's like stepping back in time. And Touchdown Jesus is a nice touch, unfortunately not as visible from since the addition of the new seats and the renovation.

old:

f59my7z0.jpg

new:

touchdown%20jesus.jpg

(that NBC logo is the only ad in the entire stadium)

:DDSC_0108.jpg

Wally.jpg

thats pretty hookie if you ask me. just a shamless plug for a company and has nothing to do with the teams identity. now the bucks ship is a cool way to intergrate the teams personality into the stadium

All that crap is hokey. Just give the darn score. Screw pirate boats, ketchup bottles, and any other useless accoutrements.

The behomoth of its day (which also came complete with the self-serve shower in front of the bleachers):

scoreboard2.jpg

comiskey52.jpg

LT

I was JUST about to post that one. I'll never forget seeing that scoreboard for the first time. It contributed to me becoming a Sox fan. They didn't do it justice in the new stadium.

Also loved the scoreboard at IU's Assembly Hall. Not surprisingly it was replaced a couple years ago.

campus0005.jpg

Between Wrigley's art deco scoreboard, Bill Veeck's exploding scoreboard with Sox-O-Gram at Comiskey, and the "engine room" look of the old Chicago Stadium scoreboard, is it any wonder Chicago is the best sports city in the world?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Between Wrigley's art deco scoreboard, Bill Veeck's exploding scoreboard with Sox-O-Gram at Comiskey, and the "engine room" look of the old Chicago Stadium scoreboard, is it any wonder Chicago is the best sports city in the world?

I'd have more respect for Chicago as a sports town if they actually showed up for Hawks games.

doesnt seem to be the slightest bit of info online about it. i think you may be mistaken.

I am pretty sure he said that or hinted at it but we will see in the summer.

saBS.png

I'd have more respect for Chicago as a sports town if they actually showed up for Hawks games.

We did! When they were worth showing up for.

Archived