Jump to content

Seattle Metropolitans


Recommended Posts

First off, I am new here and this is my first real attempt at a concept. I have fiddled around with my sim-soccer team but nothing like this. The Metropolitans were the first team based in America to win the Stanley Cup in 1917. I have seen thier jerseys before and I love them. I made the chest logo myself. I used th Canadiens' font for the S. And I used Canadiens numbers too, but modified.


C&C please....


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not too shabby for your first time out.

The first thing I would say is get rid of the green patches on the arms. They really don't fit with the rest of the jersey.

I would also make the barberpole stripes thicker, so that there are fewer of them total. This will make the numbers on the back and the logo on the front easier to read.

As far the logo, I would suggest making the large S thicker and shorter. This would result in a little more room to play with. For the 'SEATTLE' letters inside, I would place the starting S and the ending E closer to the vertical centre. The way you have it, since we are trained to read from top to bottom, left to right, the eye is almost tricked into reading the first E first, then the S.

Also, make sure you pay attention to detail with things like this. You have different collar styles depicted (solid green on front view, green-red-green on the back). And it looks like each of the barberpole stripes has a black border on it, which is going to make things needlessly complicated. Don't forget about sleeve numbers and nameplates, too.

For comparison's sake, here is something I did for a fantasy team by the same name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.