D'Rays Concept

aragin66

Technically, this is well done. But I would hate to see it on the field. With all the talk about the Diamondbacks blending in by going to a brick red primary colour scheme, I think much of the same sentiment would go towards the Rays if they did this.

I think the green that the Rays currently use makes them rather unique, and I wouldn't want to see them ditch it and look like everyone else.

Plus I'm not crazy about using the Red Sox' number font. That's a pretty unique number font that they use, and they and their fans would likely get pretty choked about another team co-opting it, especially one in their own division. If the Sox pulled an Al Davis and took it to court, they'd probably lose, but still ...

I think the sun sleeve patch sends mixed messages as well about the true meaning of "Rays." It would probably be best to use one or the other -- the sun or the stingray -- so as not to confuse and/or alienate fans.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. Like I said, technically, your design skills are pretty good. I have nothing to pick at there. It's just some of the other choices made that I would disagree with.

It's already practicly a home game everytime the Sox go to Tropicana, so why not give them a red wordmark and use the Sox font?

was such a good time taking that place over last year.

wasnt too much fun losing there though.

2004RedSox.png

The team has an aquatic nickname. You've made them look like the Sun Rays. And also given them the same color scheme that's just been used by the Diamondbacks and recently the Astros.

The Rays should use a color scheme to make them stand out from the other teams in the division, not mimic two of them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived