Second Edition Long Island Ducks Uniforms

scottysprings

Here's a hip new uniform design for my home..er.. island team the Long Island Ducks. They're really bad but their games are always fun. I didn't actually design a new logo, save the storm-esque eyes for the caps, because I think the D/duck head is genius. The eyes on the cap are based off of the mascot Quacker Jack, seen here

quackerjack.jpg

I think the orange brim and the eyes really make a cool cap resembling Quacker Jack. As for the uniforms, they currently like to use a lot of black, which I don't really like. I used only black for the drop shadow behinf the ducks text. The alternates are kind of out there but I think they would be cool jerseys. C&C please.

longislandduckscopy.jpg

The cap looks kind of cool, actually. I take it the cap bill represents the duck's bill and the crown of the cap the head. Very ingeneous! The numbers should be changed. The style you have will be way too big when double digits are used. All around, a great job!

Thanks for the C&C everyone. I really liked the font I used for the Long Island across the jersey but it doesn't look too slick as the numbers. I guess I'll try a basic block lettering. I think I'm gonna keep the caps and I'll make adjustments to the jerseys tomorrow. What do you guys think about my template? I was thinking some shadows would enhance it.

Well, considering that I've seen the Ducks live on three occasions (go RiverSharks!), that "D" happens to be their real secondary, and I think that works better on a hat than what they have now (which is a webbed foot). I also think it looks better than the hats that you have, although I'll agree with the above that they'd make good kids hats, but not for the team.

As for the unis, I love what you've done with the script across the front, but that font doesn't translate well into the numbers. There are other fonts that are legible and will keep the "script" theme, consider using something like that.

The alternates, well... I think the number has to go across from the logo, and if you're going to use the "D" on the front, use something else on the sleeve -- perhaps the wordmark. It looks too redundant. The orange alt into too bad, but I like it better with the white pants.

Good job, though, glad to see I'm not the only dork who follows the Atlantic League.

philly.png

longislandduckscopy-1.jpg

There is my revised uniforms. I tried to take all the C&C into consideration when changing it up. As requested, I used the D logo as the primary hat and moved the Quacker Jack eyes cap to secondary. I adjusted the number font and lowered the word marks across the chest. I souped up the template with shadows and I have to say my New Era cap looks pretty slick. I moved the D logo on the green alternate to the right side and left the number on the left as well as replacing its shoulder D with LI, I changed the alternate uniforms socks to orange, and I changed the orange alternate's pants to white. More C&C?

Me likey. Well done.

Sort of related, weren't the Long Island Ducks the team with yellow jerseys in Slapshot? Paul Newman got into a fight with their goalie about his lesbian wife. The name seems to ring a bell.

Me likey. Well done.

Sort of related, weren't the Long Island Ducks the team with yellow jerseys in Slapshot? Paul Newman got into a fight with their goalie about his lesbian wife. The name seems to ring a bell.

I'm not sure if the Hanrahan's team is the Long Island Ducks, but Reggie Dunlop(Paul Newman) is based off of a player from a team called the Long Island Ducks.

After doing some research, they are called the Long Island Ducks...here's a jersey:

ducks.jpg

Me likey. Well done.

I'm not sure if the Hanrahan's team is the Long Island Ducks, but Reggie Dunlop(Paul Newman) is based off of a player from a team called the Long Island Ducks.

After doing some research, they are called the Long Island Ducks...here's a jersey:

ducks.jpg

Awesome. I knew I didn't just imagine it :hockeysmiley:

Ha, yeah, I was trying to find a reasonable image to vectorize on yahoo images and I came across a picture of a hockey player entitled "Long Island Ducks" or something to that nature. I think a complete Atlantic League Project would be cool; although, the vectoring of logos in gonna be a pain in the behind. Can I do auto-trace in Illustrator CS or is it only in CS2? If so how do I use it?

Archived