Roger Clemente's RBK EDGE hockey jersey template

Roger Clemente

While I have already posted these in other threads, I decided to make it's own thread just to make things easier.

Before I do show off the templates, I want to address one criticism I have of the other templates. While all of them are very nice and functional templates, all the other jersey templates I see on these boards all not actually "Edge" jersey templates. They are all Edge ALL-STAR jersey templates. It is highly unlikely that many, if any, NHL teams will use any facets of the the All-Star jerseys in their designs, save for the actual use of some new-fangled mesh, but where is unknown.

Because the templates available all just All-Star jersey templates, a lot of misconception has been created that most NHL jerseys are going to be basing their uniforms from this template. And seeing as how this template has extremely wide shoulder panels that extend halfway down the sleeves with dazzle edges, huge secondary color underarm gussets, stripes going straight down the sides and this one thin pipe that travels up the sides, down the sleeves and back down the sides, it is extremely unlikely that any teams will have any use for any or all of these features in their jerseys considering that more than half the teams will not be changing their stripes whatsoever.

I do however acknowledge and praise the work done to actually acquire this template AND to the people who have gone ahead anyways and made some really great concepts using it. A lot of them are truely amazing.

With that in mind, I have made two versions of this template. The first template (Jersey-4) IS based on the All-Star jerseys and was created first only because the All-Star jerseys are the only Edge jerseys we are familiar with. The second template (Jersey-4b) is....well, blank. There are no guide lines for any segments of the jersey whatsoever, but this is actually a good thing. Because we don't know what the rest of the league is going to look like with the Edge, it gives us no limits as to what we can use to try either doing a basic "translation" of current NHL jerseys to the Edge design (like my recent Red Wings design) OR in coming up with a wildly different jersey concept that we have never done before.

Because I still used the grid format, it is still possible to use any of the guides from my previous templates to try and make any jersey style out there.

So, without further ado, I offer these...

THE ALL-STAR EDGE TEMPLATE: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/Jersey-4.gif

THE BLANK EDGE TEMPLATE: http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/Jersey-4b.gif

If clicking on the link does not work, you may have to copy and paste the link to view the files.

(This template is not a true adaptation of the Edge design, but an education facsimile. Keep in mind, once the full NHL's Edge uniforms are unveiled, and I manage to get my hands on one, I will update my template accordingly to the actually Edge's specificiations.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Nice work RC. Do you have this in ia. vecter format and would you be so kind as to send it to me at;

motlyhooligan@hotmail.com

Thanks bud,

H

Unfortunately, no. This GIF is all there is and there will be. It should be all that's needed too considering it's meant to be used in MS Paint. Though I'm sure some people have used it in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. (In all honesty, it is actually a very large template anyways.)

Both of these were made in MS Paint (and then resized by CC97 for use on http://www.sportslogos.net):

NHL-ASG_zw0awtgq6i8rsynjojxw.gif

NHL-ASG_t69f70jffhhvi6np95qh.gif

champssig2.png

There is ONLY ONE REAL Hockey Template maker... :notworthy:

I wouldn't go as far as asking for a vector version, but I've always wished you were a Layers guy instead of an MSPaint one :cry: , so we could isolate all the elements of the different templates... Or even the grids (which are easy to do on your own...)

Borrom line is when it comes down to proportion on a template, you-da-man!!! :flagcanada:

PS: I've always tried to understand that logo you made for the RC TEMP, that sort of "S" with teh I before and the X after, what does it represent?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Nice work RC. Do you have this in ia. vecter format and would you be so kind as to send it to me at;

Thanks bud,

H

Unfortunately, no. This GIF is all there is and there will be. It should be all that's needed too considering it's meant to be used in MS Paint. Though I'm sure some people have used it in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. (In all honesty, it is actually a very large template anyways.)

Both of these were made in MS Paint (and then resized by CC97 for use on http://www.sportslogos.net):

OK thats fine.

Thanks anyway,

H

Thank you all, once again, for all the appreciation.

To answer Frenchie's question, the ISX that you see in both the collar tags I made and the website URL stands for InterSphericXperience. It is something I made up as a teenager as an answer to George Lucas' Tomlinson Holman Xperiment. Why I don't know. But I'm too lazy to drop it, and did actually create a logo for it in college.

champssig2.png

Thanks bud,

H

Two questions:

1. Where do you find logos that still look good when shrunk down to the size on the sleeves and the conference logos?

2. Just how do you make good concepts in paint when it's really hard to make curves and stuff?

Two questions:

1. Where do you find logos that still look good when shrunk down to the size on the sleeves and the conference logos?

2. Just how do you make good concepts in paint when it's really hard to make curves and stuff?

1. http://www.sportslogos.net :D Seriously. I sometimes use Adobe Photoshop to shrink a logo, but MS Paint works too as long as you save the logo as a BMP first.

2. To make curved lines, I use the curved line tool. (The button with the S-curved line on it.)

To make a perfect curved line, first you click on that tool, then using the tool, draw a straight line from the starting point to the end point. Then you click and drag an area outside the line on the side you want it to curve to influence the curve closest to the start point. Then click again to influence the curve closest to the end point of the line. It takes a little bit of practise to get it down perfectly, but once you get it down, it takes no time to make one.

When it comes to actually making a broad S curve, I will often only make the first half of the line (that curves one way) first and then make the other part (that curves the other way).

If you want a thick line, just click on the line thickness meter below the tools button. If you want it bigger than the five options available, hold down CTRL and press the + key on the right edge of the keyboard. (And of course CTRL and - to shrink the thickness. This applies to erasers and brushes too, AND works in Windows Vista.)

champssig2.png

Archived