LA Galaxy logo concept

shadesofblack

well guys after a long hiatus from drawing due to a creative slup (and an overwelmingly busy life as of late) i have come back and would like to present the begining of my newest project. A new logo for the LA Galaxy. This is a work in progress mind you. I took the news of new colors, kept the distinctive galaxy sash as a momento to the past, and also used some elements from a previous concept on these boards (im sorry, i cant remember who, but i was inspired never-the-less) so without anymore delay....

LAGALAXYGOODcopy.jpg

comments/advice on how to improve would be helpful and appreciated. thanks!

(ps. apoligies on the quality. idk why it became so blury)

This is a nice start. I would like to point out that the quote about the colors was something to the effect of dark blue OR black. Not and. I'm not sold that they'll be either, let alone both. with that being said, this has limitless possibilities. I'd ditch black fordark blue only and make your gold less green. I m guessing the ring there to represent a galaxy? it says solar system or saturn to me. I'd try to avoid a graphic representaion of a galaxy if you can. maybe some stars at the most. black outlines on the ball and stars don't pop from the dark blue. i think the stars representing cups should be outside the crest, allowing more to be easily added(not like becks will really help with that). its a good start and id like to see more

I can see these colors being fairly close to the new ones that were proposed, but I am not a fan of the wordmark and "ring" being outside of the crest...it makes it look messy. Everything needs to be contained in the crest...maybe just the ring and leave the wordmark separate.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived