GM Goodwrench gets a new logo

Tazz013

That would be all of my macs that I own power buttons. LOL.

As well as the old G from a previous version of the Gateway computers logo.

http://www.identityworks.com/reviews/2003/gateway.htm

AS well as others.

http://www.logolounge.com/wd/uploads/1361_aveon.jpg

Horrible.

I like the old logo much better. The new one looks like any other logo out there and the power button for countless computers. Everything on the new logo looks too generic and I don't like the font at all.

The old one

goodwrench20logo.jpg

The new one

goodwrench_new.jpg

I like the old logo much better. The new one looks like any other logo out there and the power button for countless computers. Everything on the new logo looks too generic and I don't like the font at all.

The old one

goodwrench20logo.jpg

The new one

goodwrench_new.jpg

New commercial idea (Based on a circa 2004 Goodwrench ad and also Ez Street's post):

Stephen Colbert(or someone of that nature): Hey there Mr. Dell Monitior On/Off Button,

Mr. Dell Monitor On/Off Button: Uuhh yeah?

Colbert: Why do you wear an on/off button on your overalls when you're doing auto repairs?

Mr. Dell Monitor On/Off Button: Uhhhh, touch it and you'll find out.

(Colbert touches the on/off button and DMO/OB evaporates into nothing.)

Voice Over: To find the dealer nearest you, visit GMDellMonitorOnOffButton.com

(Before anyone asks, the URL is not real.)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Looks like my Dell Monitor power button.

Hmm now that I look, it looks like my Gateway power button, too. It's the Dell's rotated 90­­­° to the right.

That's pretty much every power button. There is five of those on my desk right now.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

It looks like a G. It looks like a "power on" icon. It also looks like a wrench.

Works for me.

Thanks for adding some sanity to this thread.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

THe power logo is a referance to the binary number system which contains only 1's (a powered circuit) and 0's (an idle circuit) so the power logo is a cobination of a 1 and a 0 showing that this button will turn a device both on (1) and off (0).

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

It looks like a G. It looks like a "power on" icon. It also looks like a wrench.

Works for me.

Can you point out the wrench for me? I can't for the life of me find it (or if I am, it's not sufficent enough for me to go, "oh, that's kinda nice").

Wrench or not, the logo is too generic IMO. The GM box may have been dull, but it was recognizable and clearly tied to the company. This logo is a close relative of too many others.

I like the script, but most definitely do not like the logo.

Works for me.

Can you point out the wrench for me? I can't for the life of me find it (or if I am, it's not sufficent enough for me to go, "oh, that's kinda nice").

Wrench or not, the logo is too generic IMO. The GM box may have been dull, but it was recognizable and clearly tied to the company. This logo is a close relative of too many others.

I like the script, but most definitely do not like the logo.

If you've ever seen the top of a wrench, you'll notice the opening looks like a C when it's grasping something. Think of a dumbbell, but with C's at the ends instead of solid black circles.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived