Contest: Make a Wallpaper for the Florida Panthers Website!

rmackman

For those of you who don't know I currently am doing Media Relations for the Florida Panthers. I spoke with our website coordinator today, and I had mentioned how the Panthers were one of the only teams without any desktop wallpaper for people to download. I was told "I don't think our fans really care whether or not they have hockey wallpaper." That may or may not be true in general, but I'd think there are at least a few people out there who do care. Here's where you come in. I don't have the skills to make a professional wallpaper, so if you'd like to have your work displayed on FloridaPanthers.com, here's an opportunity.

The requirements:

- Must be available in 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024 formats. You can go one bigger as well if you'd

like.

- Should be in .jpg form for easy download for fans

- There should be one for each of these players: Olli Jokinen, Ed Belfour, Alex Auld, Jay Bouwmeester, Gary

Roberts, Nathan Horton, and Jaques Martin. You may also make one that is just a large general Panthers

collage if it looks neat and organized.

- The wallpaper must say www.floridapanthers.com in the bottom right corner and have the Bank Atlantic

Center logo somewhere on it.

- Be creative. Feel free to use ice-like backgrounds or forest fronds with a real Panther hiding in the bushes

or something. I don't know I'll leave all of that up to you.

- If you wanted to so a wallpaper similar to those above that was of old players like Vanbiesbrouck or

Mellanby, you could do that and then make it look aged as a sort of throwback.

That's pretty much it. Have fun and thanks for your help! You guys rock! :D Don't forget to check out the websitse for other teams in the NHL.com network just to help get ideas, but please don't copy exactly what they have. That would get us in trouble.

For those of you who don't know I currently am doing Media Relations for the Florida Panthers. I spoke with our website coordinator today, and I had mentioned how the Panthers were one of the only teams without any desktop wallpaper for people to download. I was told "I don't think our fans really care whether or not they have hockey wallpaper." That may or may not be true in general, but I'd think there are at least a few people out there who do care. Here's where you come in. I don't have the skills to make a professional wallpaper, so if you'd like to have your work displayed on FloridaPanthers.com, here's an opportunity.

The requirements:

- Must be available in 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024 formats. You can go one bigger as well if you'd

like.

- There should be one for each of these players: Olli Jokinen, Ed Belfour, Alex Auld, Jay Bouwmeester, Gary

Roberts, Nathan Horton, and Jaques Martin. You may also make one that is just a large general Panthers

- The wallpaper must say www.floridapanthers.com in the bottom right corner and have the Bank Atlantic

- Be creative. Feel free to use ice-like backgrounds or forest fronds with a real Panther hiding in the bushes

- If you wanted to so a wallpaper similar to those above that was of old players like Vanbiesbrouck or

That's pretty much it. Have fun and thanks for your help! You guys rock! :D Don't forget to check out the websitse for other teams in the NHL.com network just to help get ideas, but please don't copy exactly what they have. That would get us in trouble.

I responded to your posting in the Jersey Wallpaper topic. Want me to add the missing elements? The .com logo and the Bank logo? Or it can be added later on if needed. Let me know.

The requirements:

like.

I responded to your posting in the Jersey Wallpaper topic. Want me to add the missing elements? The .com logo and the Bank logo? Or it can be added later on if needed. Let me know.

Yeah actually if you could do that, that would be great! I think that'd be better than having the NHL tag in the lower right, and then my boss would be happy. It's not allowed to have any author's name on it because it becomes property of the Florida Panthers (but don't worry we'd verify that it's your work if anyone asked). I showed them your work and they're like hell yeah get that fixed up for our site and we'll use it! Thanks ^_^

Here is a banner with the Bank Atlantic Center logo on it and another banner with the Panthers current theme of BELIEVE!

BelieveBanner.jpg

BankAtlanticLogo.jpg

I've got a couple of Bouwmeester samples, if you're interested. Should I email, or post them here?

The photos I used are maxed out at 1024 x 768 though, so going bigger will likely cause some distortion. Any chance the team would provide photos - or, does anyone have a trick to enlarge a photo without losing quality?

I've got a couple of Bouwmeester samples, if you're interested. Should I email, or post them here?

The photos I used are maxed out at 1024 x 768 though, so going bigger will likely cause some distortion. Any chance the team would provide photos - or, does anyone have a trick to enlarge a photo without losing quality?

The Blow Up plugin/filter for Photoshop does a real good job of keeping quality when increasing the size.

The Blow Up plugin/filter for Photoshop does a real good job of keeping quality when increasing the size.

You can post it or email me at bgmack27@hotmail.com. Whichever you like.

Bump!

Here's a sample of one with the arena logo and the .com on there. I put the Tag on there to fill out room on the screen. Looks odd with one part open like that. Will it be ok with the RBK on there? They will be wearing those next season anyway. Instead of having my name on the tag I used Stanley C. Panther, the mascots name. Anything need changed before I make all of them?

th_FloridaPanthersJersey.jpg

Here's a sample of one with the arena logo and the .com on there. I put the Tag on there to fill out room on the screen. Looks odd with one part open like that. Will it be ok with the RBK on there? They will be wearing those next season anyway. Instead of having my name on the tag I used Stanley C. Panther, the mascots name. Anything need changed before I make all of them?

th_FloridaPanthersJersey.jpg

That's really freakin' awesome! :hockeysmiley: I don't think you need to have Stanley C. Panther writtin in the name area. You can just leave that blank but the rest is P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

p.stic - Thanks for the plug-in tip. I've never noticed that one, but hopefully it's in my version.

Small previews for now, but you get the idea.

I have templates made for both of these, so it would be fairly easy to make a series of players in either.

bouwmeester01-prevu.jpg

jbo-panel02-prevu.jpgjbo-panel01-prevu.jpg

I realize now that the text in the preview is hard to read - name & team in the first, just name in the second.

I like those a lot! Are the blank spaces supposed to be there or is there going to be something filled in? I know you said it was a template so I wasn't sure. They're coming out awesome though!

I like those a lot! Are the blank spaces supposed to be there or is there going to be something filled in? I know you said it was a template so I wasn't sure. They're coming out awesome though!

Thanks.

The empty space is intentional - it's meant to accomodate desktop icons.

Thanks.

The empty space is intentional - it's meant to accomodate desktop icons.

Rather than be blank I'd rather you expand out the background. Kind of like how this was done:

http://www.mapleleafs.com/assets/fanzone/ONEILL-640x480.jpg

http://www.mapleleafs.com/images/wallpaper...OUR_640x480.jpg

http://www.mapleleafs.com/images/wallpaper...LER_640x480.jpg

So what's the prize for this contest and when is the judgment?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

No official judgement. If I like what I see, I'll submit it. The prize is that your work is getting on the actual Florida Panthers website for everyone to marvel at. It's a chance for people to go LOOK AT ME!

So far our Internet Coordinator likes what's been shown to her. Keep up the good work! =)

Made some changes. Wasn't enough room to have the 4 corners with stuff. I'd rather keep the logo bigger and remove some stuff then making the logo smaller to fit it all on. Left the stuff on some of the widescreen ones. Got 4 sizes for you. 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, and made some the same as my screen since they are hard to find, 1440x900.

800x600

wmyellowmz9.th.jpgwmgoldvu9.th.jpgwmredow4.th.jpgwmblueqk9.th.jpg

sunyellowsz8.th.jpgsungoldrj7.th.jpgsunredci1.th.jpgsunbluenk5.th.jpg

snapyellowvy4.th.jpgsnapgoldjk5.th.jpgsnapredwr3.th.jpgsnapbluebt2.th.jpg

roundyellowcq9.th.jpgroundredup5.th.jpgroundgoldwl2.th.jpgroundbluesv8.th.jpg

headredwm1.th.jpgheadyellowdz4.th.jpgheadgolddr8.th.jpgheadblueeg3.th.jpg

fullyellowoj4.th.jpgfullgoldhv1.th.jpgfullredby2.th.jpgfullblueur9.th.jpg

archyellowzo7.th.jpgarchgolduv3.th.jpgarchredhu0.th.jpgarchblueyo1.th.jpg

1024x768

wmyellowdc2.th.jpgwmredzk1.th.jpgwmgoldme2.th.jpgwmbluejz3.th.jpg

sungoldso8.th.jpgsunyellowkm8.th.jpgsunredma4.th.jpgsunbluemn7.th.jpg

snapyellowry3.th.jpgsnapgoldgi2.th.jpgsnapredds1.th.jpgsnapbluern4.th.jpg