Contest: Make a Wallpaper for the Florida Panthers Website!

rmackman

With the way the Panthers season has gone...i guess "Believe" is fitting.

Man did we fleece them with the trade to land Roberto "Lunago" Luongo. Hey Martin, want Bulis for Horton...c'mon you know you waaaaaaaant him.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I woudln't call it a fleece. You just lucked out that Bertuzzi was out for the season a few games in.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So you think vancouver knew he was hurt and hid it from Florida so they could take Luongo?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

p.stic - Thanks for the plug-in tip. I've never noticed that one, but hopefully it's in my version.

Small previews for now, but you get the idea.

I have templates made for both of these, so it would be fairly easy to make a series of players in either.

bouwmeester01-prevu.jpg

jbo-panel02-prevu.jpgjbo-panel01-prevu.jpg

I realize now that the text in the preview is hard to read - name & team in the first, just name in the second.

Any chance you can send me the PSD to the black on? I was thinking of putting Gagne and the Flyers schedule on it.

andysoccer12a.png

p.stic - Thanks for the plug-in tip. I've never noticed that one, but hopefully it's in my version.

Small previews for now, but you get the idea.

I have templates made for both of these, so it would be fairly easy to make a series of players in either.

bouwmeester01-prevu.jpg

jbo-panel02-prevu.jpgjbo-panel01-prevu.jpg

I realize now that the text in the preview is hard to read - name & team in the first, just name in the second.

Philroy, those are OUTSTANDING. Absolutely topnotch!

Is the NHL/Panthers in such bad shape that the teams can't pay a professional designer to come up with wallpapers? They have to go begging for freebies?

I just can't imagine a professional team in any sport going about it in this manner. Is this common?

Is the NHL/Panthers in such bad shape that the teams can't pay a professional designer to come up with wallpapers? They have to go begging for freebies?

I just can't imagine a professional team in any sport going about it in this manner. Is this common?

Hey, they're probably getting better quality work this way. Most "official" site wallpapers are crappy.

No the Panthers were content with not having any wallpaper. They don't have any right now. I was the one who brought it to their attention at work, and they told me you go find someone to do it and we'll use it. I went to the one place I know I had friends who had phenomenal talent and would love to have their work displayed.

spacer.png

*removed...* I flipped an image and without realizing it, the numbers and writing are all backwards...I dunno...It's really not that good...It doesn't compare AT ALL to any of the ones taht are up here...but I left a link to one of them...

1024x768

*removed...* I flipped an image and without realizing it, the numbers and writing are all backwards...I dunno...It's really not that good...It doesn't compare AT ALL to any of the ones taht are up here...but I left a link to one of them...

1024x768

It's actually not bad, but I know they won't like that the image is backwards. If you fixed that and gave it a little more "pop" it just might do the trick!

spacer.png

Here's a newer version - I tried to incorporate what you were looking for - I replaced the white with an ice texture, added the Bank Atlantic logo (meant to look like it's embedded in the ice), and the site address.

I'm not totally sold on it, but let me know what you think. Both versions below are the same, except for the pattern in the red area - the first is an ice texture (from the original version), the second is a different pattern, since I thought using the ice texture in both areas was a bit redundant. I'll let you decide.

Alos, Bgmack - you've got PM.

bouwmeester-02.jpg

bouwmeester-02b.jpg

Archived