Wade Phillips to Dallas

FiddySicks

I hope Wade gets Bums Cowboy hat out of retirement. I don't know if Bum would be upset, he is still alive so he could be asked, but the Oilers are gone and he is a Texan so he might be happy to see his son in Texas.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is this the sign of the current state of football coaching? That the biggest coaching move in both pros and college was Saban abandoning Miami?

Every fanbase hoped for a big name; but then you realize...there's no big names left!

no, but there sure are plenty of big men available...

I agree with Tank, Wade should get that cowboy hat out. Makes a lot of sense. Right now, the only person wearing a cowboy hat in Texas Stadium is their mascot....

I saw, I came, I left.

Unless that cowboy hat has big ass Dallas Cowboys and RBK logos slapped up there, it ain't happening. Remember this is the league that originally denied a coaches request to wear a suit on the sidelines.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's clear that Phillips is pretty much an temporary coach for a year or two until they feel Garrett is ready.

According to ESPN, this is exactly the reason Phillips got the job over Turner. They felt that Norv wouldn't want to relinquish the duties of Head Coach to Garrett and he didn't want to be a lame duck coach before he even took the job.

Also, how good must Phillips feel? The Cowboys give him a third opportunity, yet it's more or less "hold the seat warm until Garrett's ready" type of deal.

Also, Phillips DID take three teams to the playoffs (Denver and the Bills twice), so he's not devoid of playoff experience, and wasn't quite a flop on the NFL level. Actually, his 29-19 record with the Bills was pretty impressive, although it's not really hard to coach a team with Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. His big downside however is his record in the playoffs, and considering Dallas's lack of playoff success over the last 10 years, hiring someone who is 0-3 in the "games that count" can be defined as puzzling.

It's clear that Phillips is pretty much an temporary coach for a year or two until they feel Garrett is ready.

According to ESPN, this is exactly the reason Phillips got the job over Turner. They felt that Norv wouldn't want to relinquish the duties of Head Coach to Garrett and he didn't want to be a lame duck coach before he even took the job.

Also, how good must Phillips feel? The Cowboys give him a third opportunity, yet it's more or less "hold the seat warm until Garrett's ready" type of deal.

Also, Phillips DID take three teams to the playoffs (Denver and the Bills twice), so he's not devoid of playoff experience, and wasn't quite a flop on the NFL level. Actually, his 29-19 record with the Bills was pretty impressive, although it's not really hard to coach a team with Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed. His big downside however is his record in the playoffs, and considering Dallas's lack of playoff success over the last 10 years, hiring someone who is 0-3 in the "games that count" can be defined as puzzling.

its basically business as usual, get in to the playoffs and suck.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived