Survival79

Rays seem ready to dump Devil

Give the Rays a little more time before thinking of contraction. They have a TON of good players in the minors that are bound to do something at the major league level.

Hey, I didn't suggest contraction, just that ownership needs to get their act together and start putting a good product (especially pitching) on the field.

As for this name change possibility, I don't think the D'Rays need to change their name. I also think (and nobody else agrees with this), that they need to go back to their inaugural unis. I really liked the rainbow look.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/09/Rays/Pay..._rise_que.shtml - St. Petersburg Times 09/09/07
RAYS RUMBLINGS: The devilrays.com poster claiming the new team colors are navy, Columbia blue and a touch of gold may be on to something. ...

Does gold mean gold or athletic gold/yellow?

My guess? Generic navy, Columbia blue, and athletic gold. Par for the course for this organization.

37539129ef0dy7.png

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/09/Rays/Pay..._rise_que.shtml - St. Petersburg Times 09/09/07
RAYS RUMBLINGS: The devilrays.com poster claiming the new team colors are navy, Columbia blue and a touch of gold may be on to something. ...

My guess? Generic navy, Columbia blue, and athletic gold. Par for the course for this organization.

37539129ef0dy7.png

That doesn't look too bad.

37539129ef0dy7.png

As a Rays fan, I can dig it. These were close to the shades I imagined when these colors were rumored.

rayscolorsbs0.jpg

Those are the exact colors above from their superhero themed "Defenders of the Game" campaign. So I would safely guess that those are the correct shades.

37539129ef0dy7.png

That doesn't look too bad.

That's what the Chargers, Nuggets & Grizzlies thought, too. I like it, though. Unfortunately in 15 years it will become the next red and blue (i.e. nearly every team will use it).

That's what the Chargers, Nuggets & Grizzlies thought, too. I like it, though. Unfortunately in 15 years it will become the next red and blue (i.e. nearly every team will use it).

The teams mentioned above as well as the Montgomery Biscuits, a Tampa Bay minor league affiliate.

sandiegochargersfrc9999od8.jpg

denvernuggetsfrc9999solma2.jpg

memphisgrizzliesfrc9999hw2.jpg

montgomerybiscuitsfrc99tp4.jpg

All images courtesy of The Society for Sports Uniforms Research.

rayscolorsbs0.jpg

At least they will be the only MLB team to use this combo. I'm hoping for an all Columbia blue hat, or at least a navy cap with Columbia blue bill. Or an all navy cap with an interlocked Columbia blue T and a Gold B... so many combos that could look great... they will probably use something stupid.

rayscolorsbs0.jpg

Those are the exact colors above from their superhero themed "Defenders of the Game" campaign. So I would safely guess that those are the correct shades.

Nope.

Buddy of mine used to work at a sports store. His old boss recieved an email from Majestic, which had the new Rays logo on it. I was told the following:

- The word Rays, with a sun/sun rays incorporated.

- Color-wise, think: San Diego Chargers.

Just throwin it out there.

Buddy of mine used to work at a sports store. His old boss recieved an email from Majestic, which had the new Rays logo on it. I was told the following:

I'm actually really excited about this. There are a lot of really interesting things that can be done with that color set. Ooh, this could be good...too bad the team won't be! :D

I am pretty fond of their current color scheme. Minus the "Devil" part there really isnt anything wrong with it. Love the sleeveless jerseys too. That color scheme is just hideous if you ask me.

So far, this sounds like 50 pounds of "Meh" in a 5-pound bag.

If they change their mascot/moniker to sun rays as opposed to fish rays, does that mean they'll 86 the ray pool?

And, do they not see the irony of naming their team after the sun when they play in a dome?

(a dome that looks like the interior of someone's garage, I might add...)