Rays seem ready to dump Devil

Survival79

I could not sit at the top of the upper deck however. They can't do anything to fix that.
1. They did something to fix the upperdeck. They took about a third off of it, and added an overhanging roof. Most of the stigma of the UD came from it being so huge. It made it look much steeper than it actually was. It is a lot more intimate now. I have been to many games before and after the change, and I can say it is a HUGE difference in the feel of the UD.

2. The upperdeck is just as steep as Jacobs Field, Coors field, and a few others.

I hope those Rays jerseys/logos are a cruel joke. Those are AWFUL.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the new Rays look... yes, the logo is generic, but so is the one it's replacing -- their current primary only says "TAMPA BAY" -- so it's tough to downgrade. If they could combine the recolored ray with the new wordmark, that might help. I don't see the need for the baseball field.

I wouldn't mind the overall color change as much, except seeing the new Royals alt, it seems that this scheme is very similar to the Royals, right down to the touch of gold and the swooping R. With A's bringing back black, I'll miss green next year.

All that said, it's simple, and that's OK by me. Attempts to dazzle often fall flat.

Well that's....

underwhelming. :blink:

In a desperate look for positives, I like the sun in the R of Rays.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, wow...

That Blue Jays alt seems to have the right intent, but it stinks.

The Phillies alt just stinks.

The Royals is cool, but why not just reintroduce powder blue pants for the road?

The Indians looks good, though it's plain and it makes me wonder what the point is. Is that an accurate throwback to any era?

wow those devil rays sets are god awful, its like they took the Real Salt Lake "R" and decided to add a generic "ays" and what appears to be a burst of sunlight and then throw them all together in front of a diamond. Wheres the yellow? wheres the light blue? come on!

14ilxq9.png

I can already hear the organization's excuse for not putting Tampa Bay on the road uniforms. "It'll help appeal to a broader audience." Well, at least when they relocate all they'll have to do is fire up Microsoft Word and slap the new city/state initial(s) on the cap and edit the wordmark and they're good to go.

:D

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I can already hear the organization's excuse for not putting Tampa Bay on the road uniforms. "It'll help appeal to a broader audience." Well, at least when they relocate all they'll have to do is fire up Microsoft Word and slap the new city/state initial(s) on the cap and edit the wordmark and they're good to go.

:D

Missed that... yeah, the roads should have "Tampa Bay."

Wow, what a cheap looking cop-out. They shouldn't have given up on the green. There's enough blue in baseball, and their wordmark is so painfully boring.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, wow...

That Blue Jays alt seems to have the right intent, but it stinks.

The Phillies alt just stinks.

The Royals is cool, but why not just reintroduce powder blue pants for the road?

The Indians looks good, though it's plain and it makes me wonder what the point is. Is that an accurate throwback to any era?

I don't believe so. I was checking the 'Dressed to the nines' and it sort of looks like a cross between the lates 50's and 80's uniforms.

Anyone sure those are the actually Rays unis.

Two things throw me off:

Alternate Home and Away yet the guy is wearing the BP jesrsey with side panels and the BP hat with the line.

Doesnt make sense?

the uniwatchblog linked to that same site today and they mentioned a few days back that they had seen the Rays uniforms, their is no mention today of the ones on the link being fake. So we can (or at least I can) begin to get out of the denial phase.

14ilxq9.png

Archived