Grand Rapids Rampage New Uniforms

Sodboy13

fcab6c65f115637f07100486f032d010.500.jpg
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyone know if the VOODOO changed? Saw them in practice wearing all black

I don't think so. They have on the same unis from two years ago on the EA site's trailer. Although, Grand Rapids also has on last year's in the same video.

Edit: I found what you're probably talking about:

SJUDCDDILQUCTYR.20070209165031.gif

They look like just regular practice jerseys.

heh, so they're changing to silver helmets. also, i was wondering what was up with that road jersey in the first post...I wouldn't mind a gold road, but the Rampage don't exactly wear gold, hence it seemed off.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, so they're changing to silver helmets. also, i was wondering what was up with that road jersey in the first post...I wouldn't mind a gold road, but the Rampage don't exactly wear gold, hence it seemed off.

I think thats just bad lighting reflection on a white jersey.

I definitely think the lighting's off in the pic - initially, though, I thought we might have another "crimson and cream" incident on our hands.

After having a night to sleep on it, I'm still not exactly sure what to think of this jersey. It looks far too busy in parts, but I doubt that the sleeve piping will even be visible on a player wearing pads. I don't know how I feel about the switch to black as the primary uni color - the Rampage have always been a red team - but I think there's enough red on the jersey to compensate for that. Bringing out a red alt couldn't hurt, though. The shoulder numbers on the home jersey should be white with a black shadow - those are going to be illegible. The road jersey has additonal blocks of color not found on the home - which brings up immediate comparisons to the Bills, at least in my mind. Still, though, I like the overall design of it, and after seeing the EA shot with helmet and pants, I think the uniform, as a whole, flows well. I'm really feeling the red road pants, and with the silver helmet, I'm guessing silver pants at home, though there remains the danger of black home pants, which would make the helmet look completely out of place, just as we saw this past season with the Titans' monochromes. Of course, their best bet would have been to go back to pewter. (And these will probably only be around for this season anyway - after that, hello Minnesota?)

There should be a flurry of unveilings to come in the days ahead, with the season less than a month away. L.A., Utah, Austin, and Nashville were all using stock Nike templates last year, and other teams like Orlando and Las Vegas were sporting Bronco stripes. I'd guess these are the most likely to change, but with a new leaguewide supplier looking to make a mark, any team is fair game. My personal hope is for a return of San Jose's sunrise stripes. Then again, I also hope for the return of the Milwaukee Mustangs and the Iowa Barnstormers, and I'm guessing that's not gonna get me anywhere.

Oh, and regarding the Voodoo practice jerseys: I wouldn't put any stock in that signifying a color change. They're just generic practice jerseys, possibly bought in bulk by the league. Las Vegas is wearing the same ones. And some of them, quite oddly, have the NFL shield. Go fig.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There should be a flurry of unveilings to come in the days ahead, with the season less than a month away. L.A., Utah, Austin, and Nashville were all using stock Nike templates last year, and other teams like Orlando and Las Vegas were sporting Bronco stripes. I'd guess these are the most likely to change, but with a new leaguewide supplier looking to make a mark, any team is fair game. My personal hope is for a return of San Jose's sunrise stripes. Then again, I also hope for the return of the Milwaukee Mustangs and the Iowa Barnstormers, and I'm guessing that's not gonna get me anywhere.

And this is the part of the show where I convey my love towards the guitar neck pant stripes that defined the 1997 Nashville Kats. If only they would return...

New Orleans has always had black practice jerseys. They get the Saints throwaways after Reebok bacame exclusive for the NFL teams. Personally, these are good looking uniforms, but they don't say Grand Rapids to me. I would have been cool with a look that was similar to what they started as. Which was a knockoff Tampa Bay Bucs scheme. But it looked good so it was a good look to copy. I'll be glad to see those chunky Nike numbers gone though. And San Jose needs to have the sunrise stripes back. They really stood out from other teams and it was in a good way. The SJ on the sleeves just don't jive with the rest of the uniform

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And this is the part of the show where I convey my love towards the guitar neck pant stripes that defined the 1997 Nashville Kats. If only they would return...

Oh man, the guitar neck stripe. Just fantastic. Flashy enough, without being overdone or ridiculous. The first time I saw it, it took me into the second half of the game before I completely realized it wasn't just regular striping. Probably the second-best pants in AFL history, with these badboys coming first, natch:

WARNER.JPG

Archived