Another Lion Logo

-(dp)-

I was bored in class today, so I drew a lion. I have seen logos with lions with crowns,since they are the kings of the jungle. I drew a crown on the lion also. I thought it looked decent, so I decided to make a logo out of it.; It isn't really a detroit lions logo concept, I just used their colors.It still needs work. C+C wanted as usual.

kingLion.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a good alternate logo to complement your previous one.

My one problem is the shade of blue you're using. Too vibrant.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Here are a couple other versions, as well as the START of a full body version. I know he has no back legs or tail yet, so don't post that as C+C. I know. I just thought I would post what I had so far. Tell me what you think.

kingLion2.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Here are a couple other versions, as well as the START of a full body version. I know he has no back legs or tail yet, so don't post that as C+C. I know. I just thought I would post what I had so far. Tell me what you think.

kingLion2.png

I like the mouth on the new alot better than your first one. It is not an "angry" lion. It's just stern and noble. Nice work

BCBannersSig.png

much better blue this time around. i like the first one the best.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The crown would only look like that if it was viewed from the front. The spikes (or whatever they're called) wouldn't circle the entire crown, but likely be only in the front, and maybe taper as they move rear.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

really nice start, pnd - i don't know why, but i think it should be lit from the front, rather than the back...having the light source behind it just seems a bit odd to me for some reason

the crown could use 2 tines which are in shadow to give it some depth

on the full body version, the mane should really cover the entire chest, and the paw needs some serious work - a second front leg/paw in shadow would add depth, as well

this is a really good start on a royals or monarchs concept...very nice

jldesigns404eo.png

I have to say that the top left logo in the last post is your best bet but I think you need to make the hairline a little rougher like you have done with the jag on the sideburns.

I like your ideas on the secondary but I think that the cloak is far too dominant. I'd say the reason for this is to avoid drawing the entire form of the lion but its shape does not really match the motion of the lion and also lacks definition. I reckon it would be cool if you have the lion standing as opposed to leaping and holding a downpointing sword in its front paw. You could also have the cloak covering a little less of the shoulders, add some creases and make the cloak trimming a little rougher. Thats my thoughts on making it a little more 'royal'.

sig.png

id just like to start off by saying I admire your illustrating abilities. in your last post I must say I like the top right head the best yet. the addition of the white on the face looks great, and the other version with the hair partly covering the ear looks too, how can i say this, feminine, to me. i would certainly use the top right one. as far as the crown goes, i think it is sitting awkwardly. it should probably be more down inside the mane, so shorter looking, or pushed back or forward.

obvious criticism alert: why have the lion facing backwards?(in terms of logos anyway) i think having it face the other way would be more intimidating and reference speed and moving forward better.

As for the full bodied logo: the blue of the cape is far too blank for me. I dont know if you planned on a wordmark being there or something, but it needs wrinkles and folds i think. the front paw has gotten significantly better, and i think you need to follow in that same direction with the back paw. other than that my only problem is that the crown in both logos does not match. you are headed in the right direction and this will probably turn out pretty good.

Shorten the cape and it'll be a helluva good concept.

More updates. Let me know what you think. It still isn't done, hopefully your comments will help.

kinglionlogos3.png

I'm loving that head logo, the one on the right with the ear fully exposed. I think the only thing it needs is to the be facing right.

I'm not really digging the full-bodied logo with the cape. Just something really weird about it that I can't put my finger on. I do however like the more vertically-flowing mane from the full-bodied lion. What if you tried just a regular lion head logo using that vertically-flowing mane?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

More updates. Let me know what you think. It still isn't done, hopefully your comments will help.

kinglionlogos3.png

I'm loving that head logo, the one on the right with the ear fully exposed. I think the only thing it needs is to the be facing right.

I'm not really digging the full-bodied logo with the cape. Just something really weird about it that I can't put my finger on. I do however like the more vertically-flowing mane from the full-bodied lion. What if you tried just a regular lion head logo using that vertically-flowing mane?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I think a vertical flowing mane would also improve the crown's positioning. It looks strangely out of place in the head logos. I also like the black shadows on the crown in the full body logo.

kingLion2.png

Upper right. More black, less blue and silver. The white muzzle from the later versions is nice as well. This is definitely your best mane.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived