Flyers concept

FlyersHockey1967

I was just experimenting with the curved line tool that Roger was telling me about, so I came up with this. It isn't much, but I was testing out some stuff with the curves and decided to make a concept out of it.

If the logo looks weird, it's because it was the only "sharp winged" logo I could find (I had to color in the puck with the Paint orange).

I kept some of the stripes as they are right now. Only real differences are the hemline and the stripe at the neck, which curves down more than the actual thing.

This is my first pro team makeover, so comments and criticisms are welcome.

flyersconceptmd6.gif

'Salright, I guess.

As a fellow [suffering] Flyers fan, I look extra-hard at Flyers concepts, since there is an emotional component to how I judge them. To be honest, this may look OK on paper, but this would not look good in 3D worn by grown men when paired with the rest of the uniform. The shielded effect on the front of the sweater conjures up the logo of the hated New York Rangers, and I don't think that's the subconscious message you want to send out here. (The shape plus the stripes share elements with Rochester, the farm team of another rival from Buffalo. Double oops.) Instead of a nice striping effect, the Flyers would look like clowns in these, with light colored stripes going all the way around the torso. Not very professional to say the least, and not intimidating at all.

I'd dump the lower torso effects and work alongthe hemline to break up all the black. Also, the sleeves could stand a little orange; they look neglected right now. Keep in mind these sweaters would be worn with black helmets and black breezers, so too much black in the torso comes off dull, which is one of the reasons I don't like the black sweaters at home. (That, and orange was unique and so badass, and it worked for the Flyers for decades.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

'Salright, I guess.

As a fellow [suffering] Flyers fan, I look extra-hard at Flyers concepts, since there is an emotional component to how I judge them. To be honest, this may look OK on paper, but this would not look good in 3D worn by grown men when paired with the rest of the uniform. The shielded effect on the front of the sweater conjures up the logo of the hated New York Rangers, and I don't think that's the subconscious message you want to send out here. (The shape plus the stripes share elements with Rochester, the farm team of another rival from Buffalo. Double oops.) Instead of a nice striping effect, the Flyers would look like clowns in these, with light colored stripes going all the way around the torso. Not very professional to say the least, and not intimidating at all.

I'd dump the lower torso effects and work alongthe hemline to break up all the black. Also, the sleeves could stand a little orange; they look neglected right now. Keep in mind these sweaters would be worn with black helmets and black breezers, so too much black in the torso comes off dull, which is one of the reasons I don't like the black sweaters at home. (That, and orange was unique and so badass, and it worked for the Flyers for decades.)

I hear you on all of that man. Too much black currently. I don't like the striping on the arms or the logo on their orange alt, but hey, at least it's orange.

I was just experimenting with the curves, but this definitely isn't something I'd seriously consider as a real concept for an actual team.

I'd definitely change the sleeves too. Probably orange on the ends instead of black.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived