My new high school's logo

mantleisthebest7

Well, I'm going to a brand new high school called the Salem Hills Skyhawks in Salem, Utah, and I decided to send in a logo and a football uniform concept to them, but I thought i should get some c&c first before I did. I recolored the old Seahawks logo (I love retro logos, and this is one of my favorites) to fit our my school's colors of Navy and Sky Blue (think new Utah Jazz's colors......). I tried to make it look a little like the Seahawks uniform of the 90's, but without the hawk head on the sleeve. Well, without further due......

The Salem Hills Skyhawks football concept!!!

m_8b0d749d194afac9bfcbea5bf10d9245.gifl_09396486a1ebdfa5e55c6e691f987f4c.gif

c7c much appreciated!!!

Whoops! Inserted the home uniform too small (I know it's obvious)

l_8b0d749d194afac9bfcbea5bf10d9245.gif

I'm going to get baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer on here as soon as I'm finished with them. They'll be cool........

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

If they dont mind getting an old logo, not sure if they will have to ask permission or not, This concept looks good.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

If they dont mind getting an old logo, not sure if they will have to ask permission or not, This concept looks good.

Thanks. I forgot to mention if any of you guys think that copyright laws are going to keep this logo from getting used, please let me know so I can touch it up a bit and make it original. Thanks again, lilgump.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

seattle-ish??????

your right, it clearly isn't seattle-ish, i see more of a falcons influence.

on a serious note, despite the logo being copied and all, the colors seem to work with the logo and they would look great on a high school football field. the problem with the concept is that i had to say "despite the logo being copied". it would probably go un-noticed because it happens all throughout high school sports, but it isnt neccesary, so why do it? it will fly in the real world but on here its just useless. everyone likes a concept that is thoroughly creative, not just in the uniforms color selection. try working on a logo for the team, post it, and then people will give you better feedback.

Thanks. I forgot to mention if any of you guys think that copyright laws are going to keep this logo from getting used, please let me know so I can touch it up a bit and make it original. Thanks again, lilgump.

Dude, you're going to need more than a bit of a touch up for this to be "original."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Dude, you're going to need more than a bit of a touch up for this to be "original."

OK. See, that's what i'm saying. I need your guys' opinion on this. There's alot of high schools in my state who use NFL logos that are recolored for thier football team, with the exception of Alta (uses the almost excact Falcons logo, same colors and all), and West Jordan (Who I swear has the same excact logo as the Jaguars, with perhaps very minimal difference). So, I thought, because theyre just fine, this would be fine. I have no problem with creating something totally different, this is only one idea. Thanks for all your insight everybody!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Thanks, Gordie, but I don't think i'm going to send it in. I love it, dont get me wrong, but I'm just not sure. I just don't feel comfortable having me send in your work, only because you did it and you should get all the credit, instead of saying, "oh yeah, he did it, but that guy sent it in." I just dont want to take some of the spotlight when you should have it all, if that makes any sence. Thanks anyway, I really appreciate that.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

[dripping with sarcasm] Hold up! You're saying that this concept was done in MS Paint :shocked: ?!?! [/dripping with sarcasm]

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Thanks, Gordie, but I don't think i'm going to send it in. I love it, dont get me wrong, but I'm just not sure. I just don't feel comfortable having me send in your work, only because you did it and you should get all the credit, instead of saying, "oh yeah, he did it, but that guy sent it in." I just dont want to take some of the spotlight when you should have it all, if that makes any sence. Thanks anyway, I really appreciate that.

It's nice to see someone "get it" at such a young age, too.

As far as the Seahawks idea, it doesn't really seem like a concept. The only thing different about it is the striping on the uniforms.

Teams that "recycle" pro teams uniforms are just taking the easier and cheaper way out. Rather than come up with their own identities, they're copping out and using someone else's identity because they know people already like it. So in a sense, people aren't wearing the school's logo, they're wearing the pro or college team's logo, just recolored.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's nice to see someone "get it" at such a young age, too.

As far as the Seahawks idea, it doesn't really seem like a concept. The only thing different about it is the striping on the uniforms.

Teams that "recycle" pro teams uniforms are just taking the easier and cheaper way out. Rather than come up with their own identities, they're copping out and using someone else's identity because they know people already like it. So in a sense, people aren't wearing the school's logo, they're wearing the pro or college team's logo, just recolored.

look, I didnt mean at all to start anything bad. This was just an idea. As I said earlier, Ive seen alot of High Schools do this, so I thought it was ok. I'm not a pro either. I'm a 14 year old just tryin things out. So, thanks for the advice, but know that this was just an idea and I said that I had no problem starting something else. And yes, Koizim, it WAS DONE ON MS PAINT.

Dont think that I'm mad, I was just sayin that I had no intention of doing something wrong with this idea.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

I didn't mean to call you out on it. I'm saying that high schools in general either don't have or don't want to put the money into having an good athletic identity created for them. It's just too easy and quick to adopt a pro team's logo.

As you get older, and visit here more often, you'll begin to understand why many of us are against this practice.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I didn't mean to call you out on it. I'm saying that high schools in general either don't have or don't want to put the money into having an good athletic identity created for them. It's just too easy and quick to adopt a pro team's logo.

As you get older, and visit here more often, you'll begin to understand why many of us are against this practice.

OK, I understand. Sorry if u felt like I was angry, cuz I wasnt, I guess I just didnt understand at first. Sorry.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Archived