NBA alternate jerseys

koizim

Do the Lakers still wear their white alts? If so those are my favorites (even though its sort of lame they wear white as an alt when other teams have to wear white at home). Heat, Pistons, and Nets are also nice. Those photoshoped Jazz unis above are also very nice. Other then those I hate most other alternate jerseys in the NBA. They don't seem to match the regular jerseys very well and look strange to me. I also hate how some teams wear theirs so much. Everytime I've watch the Wizards this season they seem to be wearing them. Last year in the playoff it seemed like Lebron and the Cavaliers wore their alts every game (and I definitely perfer their red jerseys). I think the NBA should limit the amount of games a team can wear an alternate. Maybe even eliminate them from the playoffs (or at least let team only wear them once a series).

I can go along with some of what you're saying--not that I disagree with the rest.

What I mean is this: the whole purpose of a 3rd/alternate jersey (aside from boosting revenue--CLEVELAND! DC!) is to present a change-of-pace from the norm. Now, going along with Mr. B'moreFan up above, some team wear those 3rd/alts almost to the point where it may as well be the official primary (or road if it's light enough). Case in point: the new Sixers red alts. Those may be the best-looking 3rd sets to come along in the NBA in some time (aside from Cleveland's thirds, which in last year's playoffs could have easily been confused with the offical roads), but, give it enough time, and eople will be clamoring for that to become their offical second set (it DOES look a lot better than their currents, though). All of which leads me to this point:

IMO, thirds are SUPPOSED to present an "out there", more "radical" or just plain different look from the team norm. Marketing ploy? Perhaps. Tema announces its wearing its 3rd/alts, more people go to the game, watch it on TV, or, if it becomes available to purchase, cash gets doles out (again, I bring up the Sixers thirds here.)

just my two rusted Lincolns...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• LMU locked this topic
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived