The NHL Trade Deadline

Shane Does Art

Hey Everyone it's the 13th and that means only 2 more weeks till the Rosters are done and set for the playoffs, with Nagy being traded to Dallas today I think it's safe to say we're going to see some trades in the next couple days. So if you have any updates on trades or rumours you want to discuss, this is the place!!!

to Dal: Nagy

to PHX: 1st round pick and Tjarnqvist.

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Everyone it's the 13th and that means only 2 more weeks till the Roseters are done and set for the playoffs, with Nagy being traded to Dallas today I think it's safe to say we're going to see some trades in the next couple days. So if you have any updates on trades or rumours you want to discuss, this is the place!!!

you can spell Tjarnqvist correctly, but not rosters?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I got one it involves Todd Bertuzzi and Gary Roberts to the Leafs. eklund of hockey buzz has posted it. I think if we can get these two maybe for one of our young defenders (Bell or Harrison), Westrum, Kilger and a pick (anyhting but 1st) then it'd be great. i know it's unlikley we'd get them for that but , really what can florida ask for, for a guy who's likley ending his career (Roberts) and Bertuzzi who's hardly played all year.

Betuzzi would be great on the power play as he is very good at just standing and screening the goalie. Roberts just adds some vetern leadersip to the club. Imagine these lines!

Ponikorovsky Sundin Antropov (this line is so hard to contain!)

Steen Stajan O'Neill

Roberts Peca Bertuzzi

Battaglia Pohl Wellwood

we could trade Tucker to Anaheim, Calgary or Edmonton for a first rounder it's be a tough team to play against with 4 solid lines. at seasons end Roberts would likely retire and if bert performs we could attempt to sign him for a reduced rate.

sorry forgot the link:

Link

untitled-6.jpg

I got one it involves Todd Bertuzzi and Gary Roberts to the Leafs. eklund of hockey buzz has posted it. I think if we can get these two maybe for one of our young defenders (Bell or Harrison), Westrum, Kilger and a pick (anyhting but 1st) then it'd be great. i know it's unlikley we'd get them for that but , really what can florida ask for, for a guy who's likley ending his career (Roberts) and Bertuzzi who's hardly played all year.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no... i'm tired of trading all our young guys for a bunch of has-beens. Go look up who the Leafs got in exchange for Steve Sullivan and Jason Smith.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Betuzzi would be great on the power play as he is very good at just standing and screening the goalie. Roberts just adds some vetern leadersip to the club. Imagine these lines!

Steen Stajan O'Neill

Roberts Peca Bertuzzi

Battaglia Pohl Wellwood

we could trade Tucker to Anaheim, Calgary or Edmonton for a first rounder it's be a tough team to play against with 4 solid lines. at seasons end Roberts would likely retire and if bert performs we could attempt to sign him for a reduced rate.

sorry forgot the link:

Link

Eklund said that? Then there is no chance of it happening. Don't worry, Chris.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no... i'm tired of trading all our young guys for a bunch of has-beens. Go look up who the Leafs got in exchange for Steve Sullivan and Jason Smith.

I understadn that fully, but even though i don't think Bertuzzi is great how is he a has-been? he's 31, Roberts maybe but Bert should just be entering his prime now if he can stay healthey. Also giving up a pic and one young defnder which we have 7 of (Coliacovo, White, Bell, Harrison, Wozniewski, Kronwall, and Stralman) is hardly giving away all our youngsters. Westrum is not someone who will play on this team in the future he is a depth guy and has show no promise.

Would this trade be that bad?

To Florida

Brenden Bell or Jay Harrison

Eric Westrum

Alexsander Suglobov

2nd Round Pick

To Toronto

Gary Roberts

Todd Bertuzzi

i hardly consider that giving away our future. Plus we'd be getting a 1st rounder for trading away Tucker.

I'm not saying it wil happen just that if we can mange to give this up as neither can have to much value at this point, it could really pay off, for our club making a playoff run.

untitled-6.jpg

I got this idea from the Hockey news.The Shark' should trade either Nabakov or Toskala. Nabakov has started 26 games while Toskala has started in 29. Nabakov is two years older (which isn't that much) and is having a good season. They have the same G.AA at 2.32 but Nabakov has a higher SV% at .913 compared to the .910 that Toskala has. They both have the same amout of shutouts at 3 each. Toskala has a better record at 23-8-1 compared to Nabakov's 12-11-0 record.

These goalies would get some good players in return which would help the Shark's in the long run. LA needs a solid reliable goalie. Maybe Florida, Tampa Bay, Phoenix or Columbus.

If this helps I traded Jozef Stumpel and Joe Nieuwendyk to San Jose for Toskala and a 2007 3rd Round pick in my demo of NHL Eastside Manager 2007 :D

Steen Stajan O'Neill

Roberts Peca Bertuzzi

Battaglia Pohl Wellwood

sorry forgot the link:

Link

the sad thing is Eklund will be on Sportsnet on the 27th, the whole damn day.

8prlQWA.png

Hey Everyone it's the 13th and that means only 2 more weeks till the Rosters are done and set for the playoffs, with Nagy being traded to Dallas today I think it's safe to say we're going to see some trades in the next couple days. So if you have any updates on trades or rumours you want to discuss, this is the place!!!

dallas got raped. :D

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't understand why people like Eklund get so much crap. He's got some sources. He reports what he hears, and he tries to give people an idea of how strong he's hearing something will happen.

Obviously most stuff won't happen. It'd be impossible. But he lets us hears what's floating around out there. It's doubtful he makes stuff up.

I think he and some of the blogges on his site are very worthwhile reads.

Steen Stajan O'Neill

Roberts Peca Bertuzzi

Battaglia Pohl Wellwood

sorry forgot the link:

Link

the sad thing is Eklund will be on Sportsnet on the 27th, the whole damn day.

Dam, i'll probally miss half the day spending time on my birthday. But i'll probally be on the internet looking around rumors or watching the t.v about the trade deline.

Plus speaking of rumors the leafs gm (JFJ) is intresting in Bill Guerin. It be nice to get him, mabye help out Sundin on the line, but who knows what JFJ will give up hopefully some draft picks or some prospects.

4kv29i.jpg

I don't understand why people like Eklund get so much crap. He's got some sources. He reports what he hears, and he tries to give people an idea of how strong he's hearing something will happen.

Obviously most stuff won't happen. It'd be impossible. But he lets us hears what's floating around out there. It's doubtful he makes stuff up.

No he does not have sources. He goes to HFboards.com under the the trade rumors/proposals board and picks out some proposals that posters have made and post them as rumors from some inside source. Most of the stuff you see him blog about are proposals that were previously posted on HF. Then after something happens and he is wrong he goes back and changes what he wrote to make it appear like he got it right. If he actually had sources at least some of the stuff he posted before would be right (and by that I mean not have to change it afterwards).

Maggie the Monkey is more reliable the Eklund.

Speaking of Eklund found this on HF, Sportsnet apparently messed up on that shading to hide identities and show his face. His name is Dwayne Keith Klessel and is some singer in Philly who performs at Borders.

eklund2.jpg

Here's one for you.

Modin and Fedorov to New Jersey

Brodeur to Columbus

(e3)

Sundin to Detroit

Schnieder to Toronto

(e2)

Teams interested in Darcy Tucker: Islanders (e2), Panthers (e3), Red Wings (e4), San Jose (e3), Los Angeles (e4).

Hey, this is easy.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Here's one for you.

Modin and Fedorov to New Jersey

Brodeur to Columbus

(e3)

Sundin to Detroit

Schnieder to Toronto

(e2)

Teams interested in Darcy Tucker: Islanders (e2), Panthers (e3), Red Wings (e4), San Jose (e3), Los Angeles (e4).

Hey, this is easy.

Yeah, but you forgot to charge us to look at your rumor chart! lol

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Speaking of Eklund found this on HF, Sportsnet apparently messed up on that shading to hide identities and show his face. His name is Dwayne Keith Klessel and is some singer in Philly who performs at Borders.

eklund2.jpg

You know, I see a lot of speculation that Eklund very well may be that Dwayne Keith Klessel, but I can't seem to find any definitive proof.

But I date say that's an (e4). :D

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Back to trade news

NJ trades Alexander Korolyuk (who's playing in Europe) back to the Sharks for a third round pick. If you remember Korolyuk was traded to NJ in the Malakhov trade before the season. This essentially make that trade Malakhov,1st rounder, for Jim Fahey and a 3rd rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196464&hubname=nhl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived