New Celtics Uniforms

Brass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I DO realize this is a sports logo forum. That being said, I don't need to see a Barack Obama logo on here. If you want to start banning things, start with that logo right there. If people are going to get political on here, they better be able to accept criticism.

Maybe I should put a cross on my profile? or a Star of David? or a swastika? They can be deemed offensive to some and I find Obama offensive to the safety of this country.

Comparing Obama to a swastika? I find the fact that people like you are compelled to say ridiculous and incendiary things like that on a sports logos board offensive.

Yes, I DO realize this is a sports logo forum. That being said, I don't need to see a Barack Obama logo on here. If you want to start banning things, start with that logo right there. If people are going to get political on here, they better be able to accept criticism.

Maybe I should put a cross on my profile? or a Star of David? or a swastika? They can be deemed offensive to some and I find Obama offensive to the safety of this country.

There are more polite ways to phrase things.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Welcome to the CCSLC Prime Minister John Howard...

Here's what the Celts could change to:

EM7501133.JPG

I saw, I came, I left.

I agree with the part that is in bold. If you want to get rid of the political talk, then get rid of the political signatures. I could care less either way, but he makes a valid point.

As for the unbold text, man wake the :censored: up. That is the most insensitive racist comment I've read on here, and it makes me disgusted to know people in America think like you. Go sit in a corner for the next 3 years.

Racist comment??? That certainly was not my intention. Maybe the "swastika" analogy was a bit strong. My point is that this IS a sports logo site and that when people put their political agenda on here they should be prepared for criticism. I tried to use an example of religious icons that could offend some, again I probably overreached on making the point.

Again, this is a sports logo site and should be kept to that.

Or you can shut off your sigs... this is a public forum is its main concentration sports logos, damn rights... and as a mod I have asked severl times for a politics abn due to the stuff it brings in people such as your diatribe... but this is a public forum... people are allowed to be who they are post what they want and have wha they want in their signatures... to a level of acceptable behaviour... we have allowed the members of this site the ability to block other users and shut off sigs... and if thats not good enough im sorry to hear that... hope you think of us down the road

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Racist comment??? That certainly was not my intention. Maybe the "swastika" analogy was a bit strong. My point is that this IS a sports logo site and that when people put their political agenda on here they should be prepared for criticism. I tried to use an example of religious icons that could offend some, again I probably overreached on making the point.

Jeez. Guy likes Obama. You don't. That's fine. The way an actual grown-up would handle seeing the candidate-he-doesn't-like signature is as follows: First you say to yourself, "Well, I guess we won't be voting the same way in that election." Then you shrug your shoulders in wonderment that anyone could be so misguided as to not vote exactly like you do all of the time. Then you stop thinking about it.

If you actually believe it's wrong of someone to impose his political views on everyone with his signature, then it would also be wrong of you to impose your political views on us by posting them in the same forum. But if it's permissible for you to make political statements in this forum, then it wasn't wrong of the original poster to have an Obama signature and you are wrong to be offended by it. You can't have it both ways.

Have to admit, that Obama logo is pretty good for a political candidate. Which is to say, it looks like the logo of a regional trucking firm or a farm co-op, as opposed to the crappy high school student-election clipart candidates usually use for their logos. You know, some abstract flag-ish thing with exactly three waves. As far as '08 logos, I prefer Vilsack's retro V logo in the style of old WWII "Victory" posters. Hillary's logo looks like she hired the ABA to rip off a 1992 Clinton-Gore poster, using MS Paint, and as far as I can tell none of the Republicans have official logos yet. Hard to tell with McCain -- is that an unorthodox political logo or just a text placeholder? With so many candidates in both parties, we might actually see a few decent logos in the coming months.

20082614447.png

When you go out, do you have a problem with cars that have political bumper stickers on them? Do you wait for the drivers to return, and then chastise them for displaying political paraphernilia in an improper forum?

Get a grip. Sigs are like bumper stickers, except you can turn them off if you don't want to view them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is he serious? I'm not a mod but I think it's safe to say that at 33 posts you don't get to start making demands and telling everyone what you expect out of the people here. And for the record people "get political" here all the time. Just drop by the lounge and see for yourself.

Excellent joke with the Generals jersey by the way.

BB52Big.jpg

First off: LOVED the Homer Simpson Luftwaffe quote!

Secondly: I believe Bush and Cheney should be hanged--by the guy who did Saddam's brother, if possible--for the crimes they have committed against the American people. (No, I'm not making this up. "Treason" probably puts too kind a face on what they've done to us.) But I would not ask for a Bush sig to be banned from the forum. I'm for freedom of speech...and that includes freedom of sigs.

Hi, I've posted way too few times to get involved in the politics of the boards, but I do have a Generals based question...as a Brit, I am unaware of who they were (though based on the celtics performances, and the krusty quote, i asume they were terrible)...which league did/do they play in?

Sorry to bring it back to sports again....

EM7501133.JPG

if all the celtics played like big country reeves, we might have bigger problems than an 18 game skid.

EM7501133.JPG

Wow, those are worse than I remember them being.

Hi, I've posted way too few times to get involved in the politics of the boards, but I do have a Generals based question...as a Brit, I am unaware of who they were (though based on the celtics performances, and the krusty quote, i asume they were terrible)...which league did/do they play in?

they never really "played" in a league per se, they're the identity for the team that's been the punching bag for the Harlem Globetrotters - an exhibition team. if you want the full scoop, wikipedia's got you covered.

harperdc.gif

Have to admit, that Obama logo is pretty good for a political candidate. Which is to say, it looks like the logo of a regional trucking firm or a farm co-op, as opposed to the crappy high school student-election clipart candidates usually use for their logos. You know, some abstract flag-ish thing with exactly three waves. As far as '08 logos, I prefer Vilsack's retro V logo in the style of old WWII "Victory" posters. Hillary's logo looks like she hired the ABA to rip off a 1992 Clinton-Gore poster, using MS Paint, and as far as I can tell none of the Republicans have official logos yet. Hard to tell with McCain -- is that an unorthodox political logo or just a text placeholder? With so many candidates in both parties, we might actually see a few decent logos in the coming months.

I dunno, the Vilsack logo :

MP15482-1.jpg

looks a lot to me like the logo in "1984":

fic-ings.gif

Tom Vilsack is Watching You!

they never really "played" in a league per se, they're the identity for the team that's been the punching bag for the Harlem Globetrotters - an exhibition team. if you want the full scoop, wikipedia's got you covered.

Cheers...Globetrotters are coming to Manchester in the summer, so I guess they'll be 'playing' the New York Nationals? Thinking I might check it out (since the Giants have disbanded theres no team in our 20,000 seat arena...)!

I thank you for involving yourself in discussion, but I think if you had a problem with my sig, you could of checked out "It's Official" a thread I posted in the Lounge that deals with Mr. Obama's canditacy for President of the United States. I think that thread would of been better to discuss that matter.

This thread is just a crappy joke made my me.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived