NBA Valentine's Day

Shroinke

Even though Valentine's Day is officially tomorrow, the Bulls are wearing their red road uniforms tonight at home versus the Raptors (wearing white).

Any other teams (besides the Sixers and Hornets special alts) wearing red uniforms the next few days? (Heat, Blazers, Nets, Pistons, Hawks, Cavs, Rockets, Clips, or Raptors?)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Valentine's Day is officially tomorrow, the Bulls are wearing their red road uniforms tonight at home versus the Raptors (wearing white).

Any other teams (besides the Sixers and Hornets special alts) wearing red uniforms the next few days? (Heat, Blazers, Nets, Pistons, Hawks, Cavs, Rockets, Clips, or Raptors?)

Sixers alt isnt just for Valentines Day, theyre just debuting it tomorrow night and wearing it for select road games afterwards as well.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

the Blazers have worn their red alts in the first three games of their four-game road trip (against Charlotte, the Wizards and Miami tonight) so I wouldn't be surprised if they break them out again against the Magic tomorrow night.

too bad the game isn't televised here. nuts.

harperdc.gif

red_four_200_070211.jpg

why arent these their full time jerseys? this is how it should be

WOW, those are terrific. The best NBA jersey alternate I've seen in many years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

red_four_200_070211.jpg

Except for that stupid looking PHILA font.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

red_four_200_070211.jpg

If anything, the Phila script makes the jersey top of the line, just plain-old Sixers would make itt too similar to the other Sixers jerseys.

red_four_200_070211.jpg

If anything, the Phila script makes the jersey top of the line, just plain-old Sixers would make itt too similar to the other Sixers jerseys.

That, and there's historic precident with "Phila"... I agree... best looking alternates in the league... I still think the Sixers need a redesign that goes beyond just making that alt their fulltime look.

They wore jerseys that said "PHILA" back in the proverbial day - specifically the year they had Wilt ('66-67?). I'm not a scholar on Philly sports history so I couldn't tell you when else they've had them....but I do know they're a throwback option in NBA 2K7....

harperdc.gif

so does that explain this?

97760303_z.jpg

I like these colors much more than their normal ones...the teal just makes me sick. This should be their usual color scheme.

I can't think of any other major league teams with red, yellow and blue as their colors. All I can think of is the LA Avengers. (Watch 10 people prove me wrong now).

Archived