CCSLC Final Four 2007

Nick 1733

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm jumpining in here to assert my authority B) ....

If you have more than 32 entries but fewer than 64, you'll have a "play in" round with byes determined by the order in which people signed up.

Example: If you have 38 people sign up, the first 26 who signed up will get a bye and the last 12 will have a quick round to decide which of them fill in the bracket to make 32.

BTW, the formula to determine where to break it off is:

(entrants - 32) * 2 = play in round participatnts

and

entrants - play in participants = bye participants

Okay WiB, that sounds fine to me, consider it done (if necessary).

Instead of making it that the final 12 or so to sign up have to play a play-in game, why don't we just take the 38 or so that sign up seed them 1-38, and then have the final 12 seeds play the play-ins.

IMO, if you do it based on the order of signing up, you could have some designers with a bye that aren't nearly as talented as a designer who has to play a play-in game simply because he found the thread too late.

Just my $.02.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

I'm jumpining in here to assert my authority B) ....

If you have more than 32 entries but fewer than 64, you'll have a "play in" round with byes determined by the order in which people signed up.

Example: If you have 38 people sign up, the first 26 who signed up will get a bye and the last 12 will have a quick round to decide which of them fill in the bracket to make 32.

BTW, the formula to determine where to break it off is:

(entrants - 32) * 2 = play in round participatnts

and

entrants - play in participants = bye participants

Okay WiB, that sounds fine to me, consider it done (if necessary).

Instead of making it that the final 12 or so to sign up have to play a play-in game, why don't we just take the 38 or so that sign up seed them 1-38, and then have the final 12 seeds play the play-ins.

IMO, if you do it based on the order of signing up, you could have some designers with a bye that aren't nearly as talented as a designer who has to play a play-in game simply because he found the thread too late.

Just my $.02.

That's pretty much what I was going to do. I won't tell anyone who's seeded what, but I'll just take the lower so many and have them play a play-in round.

I'm in if there is still room for me...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I'm not gonna join, but I will sit here and criticize people who are infinitely better than me at designing when i don't like their designs.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• 2 weeks later...

--------------------------------

Due to lack of participation from the play-in participants, both have been disqualified and the one open spot has been taken by a reliable member.

Yeah...sorry 'bout that. I had a few, let's call them, "technical difficulties" (yeah, I was grounded...) and was unable to get on my computer for a week. I will have my concept shirt up by the end of this week, so take that for what it's worth.

Again, apologies all around. Good luck to all the other particpants!

Archived