More Fantasy!

kewp80

These are for my fantasy baseball team, the Keystone Hilltoppers. My fantasy football team is called the Keystone Irish, and I have a logo for them on the next page I believe. Anyway, I got the inspiration for the top logo from the Anaheim Angles, and the bottom one from pretty much all the circle logos in MLB. Tell me which one you like. Uniforms should be coming soon as well.

Hilltoppers2_big.png

Hilltoppers1_big.png

C&C Please!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Personally, I'd be inclined to use the keystone shape from your football team's logo as the basis for the Hilltoppers logo as well. I mean, for a team called the Keystone anything, I'd be looking to the Little League logo for inspiration, not the Angels and the Rangers:

LittleLeagueIntlLogo.jpg

The first of your concepts is just a jumble of things sharing the same space for a minute or two. It's a juxtaposition, not a logo. Plus it's not even the actual shape of a baseball diamond -- the arc of the first-to-third stretch is all wrong.

The second is the superior of the two, in that it hangs together more like a single logo. However, the script is weak -- thin letters, uneven curves, and a poorly integrated underline swoosh. Needs improvement, repositioning across the center of the logo, and some kind of outline, drop shadow, or something to give it emphasis.

But if there was ever a team that called out for arched lettering where the letters look like they're perched atop a hill, it would be the Hilltoppers, no?

20082614447.png

As they stand, the first one is better because it's balanced. The second one has the potential to be the better of the two. Either center "Hilltoppers" on the ball or add something to the middle so there isn't so much "blank space" on the ball. I think a thicker border around the ball would look a little better too.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Alright, did a few changes, added a drop shadow to the "Hilltoppers" script, made the ball outline bigger, and added a keystone in the circle. Tell me what you think.

EDIT: Made a second logo with a different font, and with it curved. Also made the outline of the ball red.

Hilltoppers3_big.png

Hilltoppers4_big.png

Check out my music!

arch that script font and you're close...not sure how i feel about the keystone in the middle, but it could work - have you tried putting the ball inside of the keystone?...just a thought

team spirit is a free font that seems a little bolder than what you're using...might work well for this application if your looking for a different script font

jldesigns404eo.png

the script looks better, but you've gotta work at lining the tail up a little better, especially around the H and i'd give it a few degrees more arch...not much, but just enough to make the arch more apparent

in my earlier post i was suggesting putting the entire logo inside of the keystone shape, but i actually think i like the 2nd logo best from a composition standpoint

jldesigns404eo.png

• 1 month later...

Alright I just recently brought this back into gear and came up with some new stuff:

Hilltoppers_1.png

This one just seems like it's missing something in the back, but I can't figure out what to do, I tried putting the yellow behind the keystone, but it didn't look so good.

Hilltoppers_2.png

This one I like the colors a lot better, but it just seems incomplete.

C&C much appreciated! Thanks!

Check out my music!

I think the combo logo looks good. A few comments, however:

1) Taking a quick glance at it, I think one would read it "Hilltoppers Keystone". You might want to put the banner on top of the wordmark.

2) Maybe an odd choice of colors. I would go with only two to make it more traditional.

Archived