New West Virginia Football Uniforms

OB33

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a new design, but it has all the same flaws and inconsistencies of the previous set. I'm guessing the pants won't be making much of an improvement, either. And has it gotten to the point where jerseys are so small, not only can they no longer fit complete stripes on the sleeves, but there's also no longer room for full stripes up the sides?

Oh, and that number font needs to die. The "2" gives me convulsions.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These things look like they belong in a "Back to the Future" episode featuring the LA/St. Louis Rams... <_<

To me, this says "fast", "edgy", "racing".

HOW IS ANY OF THAT SYNONYMOUS WITH THE CONNOTATIONS OF A MOUNTAINEER???

That's just me being nitpicky somewhat–but, still...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those are pretty nice, but I don't like the white trim on the alternate. Also, is this a new template? I don't think I've seen any other teams with this specific stripe pattern. Doesn't Miami usually get the, um, honor of breaking out Nike templates?

To me, this says "fast", "edgy", "racing".

HOW IS ANY OF THAT SYNONYMOUS WITH THE CONNOTATIONS OF A MOUNTAINEER???

Maybe they should wear coonskin caps and moccasins instead.

You know something? If somehow they could make some type of abstract representation of that on the helmet--or even a real mountaineer as an alt logo--I think that could really work boost WV's visibility, since they are now (I believe) firmly entrenched inthe national conscience of college football (ask UGA and GA Tech, since they beat BOTH of them in bowl games two consecutive years).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

One other thing I noticed: are the names REALLY going to be THAT small? They better not. (But then, seeing as to how WV's jerseys have been nameless the past couple years anyway...)

They should have went traditional to the Major Harris days. These are better, I guess, but better than crap is still pretty crappy.

a definite upgrade in my mind, just a new addition to the best dressed conference (in my opinion), the Big East.

Interesting statement. Why is the Big East the best dressed conference?? Is that in hoops and football or just football?? Can you compare to the BigTen, ACC, SEC Pac-10 or maybe even the Big XII???

The BigTen's best dressed football, in order, IMO is:

1- Ohio State

2- Indiana

3- Penn State

4- Purdue

5- Minnesota

6- Wisconsin

7- Iowa

8- Michigan

9- Illinois

10- Northwestern

11- Michigan State

I really like those. I don't think it's the same number font as last year, if the picture is any indication. I just wish the stripes on the white jersey were blue instead of yellow.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived