Bands and musicians with logos

Viper

One of my aunts is a fan of the Rolling Stones and Aerosmith, two bands that have their own distinctive logos. That got her (and me) thinking about other bands and musicians that have logos they have used regularly during their careers (on their album art, etc.). Wordmark-only logos (such as for AC/DC, Metallica and KISS) and logos based on the artist's or band's initials (e.g. "VH" for Van Halen) don't count. I don't feel like hunting down every single image file, so I'll only post any that defy a concise description. Here are the ones I have come up so far:

• Rolling Stones: Tongue and lip
  • Aerosmith: Winged chevron in a circle
  • Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV famously introduced symbols for each band member, which have since been reused from time to time, such as on the Page & Plant albums
  • Prince: The merged Venus/Mars symbol that he once used as his actual name, and was the shape of his guitar in the Super Bowl XLI halftime show
  • Warren Zevon: A human skull wearing sunglasses with a cigarette in its mouth (a logo which turned out to be eerily prophetic)
  • Blue Öyster Cult: A hooked cross (sometimes referred to as the "Cross of Questioning", as the hook resembles an upside-down question mark)
  • Traffic (Steve Winwood's band): A spiral pattern of interlocking arrows

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, which is where the rest of you come in, and why I posted this in the first place. :D

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've all seen the wordmark Beatles logo, so I suppose this is the closest thing to a non-wordmark one used to identify the band...

beatlesapplepatch.jpg

Well there is the Apple logo

apple-corps-logo.jpg

Always liked this little gem.

alkhood.jpg

Excellent.

They started using this for Warning, but I've seen it on other merchandise. So I guess you could consider this one of their logos, seeing as how they change their wordmark for every album, pretty much.

greenw65181123175310.jpg

Archived