Shark for a day?

Puckguy14

Great article.  $15,000 is WAY too much, even if it is the Great One and his Oiler buddies.

If it were that much for Team Teal's camp, forget it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

$15,000?? Would anyone really give that to charity, rather than spend it on themselves. Don't kid yourselves guys! On the other hand, it would be good for people organising thios kind of deal to give some of the money raised (At least!!) to charity!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If someone spent a long time working to earn enough money to do something like this, specifically, they should not feel guilty about spoiling themselves.   They worked hard to do a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Do you ask yourself how many kids you're killing everytime you buy clothes, or a DVD?

Of course not, it's rediculous.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Do you ask yourself how many kids you're killing everytime you buy clothes, or a DVD?

Well, let's see...... the clothes might have been made from a sweat shop, say in Indonesia where underaged workers are paid a dollar a day. The DVD produces 2 lbs. of CO2..... so multiply that by the number of DVD's which results in no children being killed directly, but eventually, when we throw out the DVDs all those toxins will slowly creep into our food chain and will kill people in the process.

How does that sound?

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, let's see...... the clothes might have been made from a sweat shop, say in Indonesia where underaged workers are paid a dollar a day. The DVD produces 2 lbs. of CO2..... so multiply that by the number of DVD's which results in no children being killed directly, but eventually, when we throw out the DVDs all those toxins will slowly creep into our food chain and will kill people in the process.

How does that sound?

sounds like a rediculous stretch

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If someone spent a long time working to earn enough money to do something like this, specifically, they should not feel guilty about spoiling themselves. They worked hard to do a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

No, but perhaps we should.

Also, I'm all for treating yourself, but when you're dealing with exorbitant sums of money, we most definitely should think of the ramifications.

I hate to be the party-pooper (I'm just as guilty as anyone here), and $1000 is not the $15,000 the guy in the article spent, but isn't the joy one child brings to his parents in Africa more than a million skates with Wayne Gretzky? Anyone else as uncomfortable as I am?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

sy - i see ur point and i totally agree but if he worked hard for it i think he should at least spoil himself. if he maybe won the lottery or even inherited a certain amount then i can see a donation to a needy child.

have fun with it erik! :)

Yes, lottery or inheritence is different, if you are working your buns off for this moment there shouldn't be anyone in the world who objects to it.

Absolutely have fun. I still say "Go for it."

But when large sums of money are involved, we should be wise as to how we spend it. I was just trying to point out an interesting perspective.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

OK, so I made a stretch in me previous message, but, it is something to think about. I was all for taking the skate. After all, if you worked for it, you can spend it however you want it, right? Perhaps if I won the lottery, I would definitely not think twice about whether or not to take the skate. Speaking of which, I think I'll get myself a ticket or two. :D

One more thing, let me spell out something: Ridiculous

I saw, I came, I left.

Don't take offense, but you did spell it wrong twice! I'd thought I'd stop you before others decide to spell it that way. Hey, I've spelled things wrong as well. No one should have to fix these mistakes considering this is an informal piece of communication.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived