What happened to PTI?

vikmurphy

PTI is awesome, one of my favorite sport shows i love both kornheiser and wilbon

Fat schmuck and ranting lunatic. Still, better than the wankers they have on Around the Horn.

Which one is which?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

PTI is still the best show on ESPN

Yeah, but that's like saying you're a better team than the Philadelphia Flyers or the Kansas City Royals.

-E.A.R.

How can people criticize ESPN so much when there's not anything that's even remotely close to being as good as, let alone better than, it. Sure, ESPN has some things that could be done better -- but we'd all be completely lost without it. I would, at least.

IUe6Hvh.png

How can people criticize ESPN so much when there's not anything that's even remotely close to being as good as, let alone better than, it. Sure, ESPN has some things that could be done better -- but we'd all be completely lost without it. I would, at least.

If I watch 4 hours of ESPN a week, it's a good week for them. There's this thing called the Internet. I can get all the information I want without a gaggle of wannabe jocks pretending to act hip telling it to me. You should try it.

In addition, if I want talking heads, I can get into my car, turn on Sirius Satellite Radio, and listen to any number of talking heads who actually talk about stuff other than what Bristol, CT wants me to listen to. And since I'm in my car, I can listen to every NHL, NBA, and NFL game too... with either side's commentary. Oh, and I get at least 3 English Premier League football games every week too. When was the last time you saw the EPL on the Worldwide Leader?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Yeah, but that's like saying you're a better team than the Philadelphia Flyers or the Kansas City Royals.

-E.A.R.

I criticize ESPN because they have become complacent for the exact reason you cited. Without anything else out there to challenge them they can slack off and say "Hey we are the best thing out there even if we aren't very good." It's sad that FSN or Versus hasn't really stepped up and challenged ESPN. When that happens there will be quality programing on both networks because they both would have to work to get viewers to watch their national sports coverage. Versus needs a sportscenter esk show to gain some credibility.

-E.A.R.

I criticize ESPN because they have become complacent for the exact reason you cited. Without anything else out there to challenge them they can slack off and say "Hey we are the best thing out there even if we aren't very good." It's sad that FSN or Versus hasn't really stepped up and challenged ESPN. When that happens there will be quality programing on both networks because they both would have to work to get viewers to watch their national sports coverage. Versus needs a sportscenter esk show to gain some credibility.

Why would a sports highlights show on VS. make ESPN better? First of all, VS. isn't even in as many homes and the ones it is in, people have a hard time finding it. Secondly, apart from their relationship with the NHL, they have no ties to any major sports for cooperation, highlights, commentary, etc. Third, why would ESPN help them out when ESPN exclusive rights to certain sports events? If they were lucky, VS. would get the same deal NBC gave to ESPN for SportsCenter olympic coverage. Lastly, much like expansion has watered down the talent pool in the 4 major leagues, I can't think of any top analysts who aren't working or would leave ESPN/FSN to be on VS. for one hour a night.

Why would a sports highlights show on VS. make ESPN better? First of all, VS. isn't even in as many homes and the ones it is in, people have a hard time finding it. Secondly, apart from their relationship with the NHL, they have no ties to any major sports for cooperation, highlights, commentary, etc. Third, why would ESPN help them out when ESPN exclusive rights to certain sports events? If they were lucky, VS. would get the same deal NBC gave to ESPN for SportsCenter olympic coverage. Lastly, much like expansion has watered down the talent pool in the 4 major leagues, I can't think of any top analysts who aren't working or would leave ESPN/FSN to be on VS. for one hour a night.

My point is when you have direct competition whether it's from Vs. or FSN, with a truly viable show, it will force ESPN to try harder to produce better programing. Just like if someone was gunning for you job in turn it would make you put in that much more effort to keep you job. Competition forces better performance if you want to stay on top and keep ratings. That was my point. If another network could actually put together quality sports programing it would force ESPN to up their game if they wanted to stay the "world wide leader".

Do you remember how good the WWF was 10 years ago thats ecuase of the competition from WCW, after WCW folded WWE now became boring and unwatchable.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived