Nfl coaching changes thread

Saintsfan

I pretty much hate what the Rams management is doing. I know your sposed to be a fan through thick and thin, and I probably am more than anyone else, but I usually have a problem wanting people fired or gone instead of sticking up for them and hoping they'll turn it around, but right now I really want Martz and the management gone.

If not for Kurt Warner, this team would probably go down the tube next year. Martz has ruined a potential dynasty (something that is near impossible in today's NFL, but he had the chance).

I'd agree on almost every point.

Although with the way things are going (and these are all conjectures based on nothing more than the my continued disappointment in the Rams), Warner will end up in Chicago as their new QB (which I could not bear to watch), Isaac Bruce will hang 'em up after a year or two, as might Aeneas Williams, Jason Sehorn will continue to be a shadow of the dominant DB he once was, Marshall Faulk will continue to fight injury problems, Torry Holt will ask for more money than the Rams management is willing to pony up, and in as little as two years, the Rams we once knew (and some of us once loved) will be completely dismantled, and in the words of Marvin the Martian, it'll be "back to the drawing board".

Or in a perfect world, someone in management as a change of heart, trades Martz for Lovie in an unprecedented "Let's trade coaches" maneouvre, Lovie returns Warner to his starting position, Hanifan and April return, the Rams unearth a sleeper middle linebacker (or another O-Lineman), Faulk returns to earlier form as does Warner (obviously), and the Greatest Show on Turf is back in action.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My old issue with the Mora hiring, is that he brough that O co-ordinator with him. I havent heard good things.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

In all my years of watching sports, Kurt Warner was the most mysterious collapse I had ever seen. Everything was perfect till SB XXXVI, then, poof, it's all gone.

What the hell happened?

I don't thinmk Warner has been the same since he first got that thumb (was it???) injury soon after his superbowl win. For all the Rams fans going on about him, he hasn't been able to push the team on as much as he would have wanted. I personally think Bulger is a much better long term shot for them at the QB position.

But really they should have dominaterd the NFL over the last few years. Martz does truly suck as a head coach, like very few others around at the moment. I am surprised there hasn't been more pressure to fire him. With all the talent that team has, they should have won at least another superbowl by now!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Warner has said in numerous interviews he wants to be the starter in St. Louis next year, and knows he can start somewhere. He says he's goin into camp next year with the mindset that he will be the Rams starting QB. He also has said he won't be giving any money back that he feels he deserves. I don't think the Rams are gonna be able to trade him.

Plus, Martz knows he made a huge mistake with Bulger, and know he's got a free option to change it by having Warner "win" the job in camp. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulger get signed as an RFA by someone like Pittsburgh or maybe even SF now. He could be the QB of the future for the Rams, but he has some maturing to do under Warner first. Also, I think it might be better if he did sign with someone else and the Rams used one of the draft picks to draft a QB of the future.

On a related note, both Warner and Kyle Turley have admitted now that the season was over that the team was split on which QB to have play. I say if someone's not gonna try for whoever the coach picks, cut em. From hearing interviews, watching them play, and various other things, I believe that Turley and Holt, and possibly others wanted Bulger, and that Faulk and Bruce and possibly others wanted Warner. I honestly never saw, nor do I believe it happened, any intentional throwing of plays for one QB or the other though. However, there are some instances where that could be the case.

I'll be shocked if Warner does not atleast get a shot to win the job in training camp with the Rams, after all Martz showed when it comes down to the most improtant moment their is no faith in Bulger.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'll be shocked if Warner does not atleast get a shot to win the job in training camp with the Rams, after all Martz showed when it comes down to the most improtant moment their is no faith in Bulger.

You see that is what seperates say Bellichick from Martz. Needing an FG to win the Superbowl with like 1:30 or whatever left and deep in there own territory, the Pats with a young QB go for it. The Rams decide, with less risk as they have the fall back of a FG try to tie the game, and less field to go, when they need a TD to win, to just get the FG. Doesn't show any faith in your players. He just had to give them a chance to win it with no way back for the Panthers. Surely Martz has to be under some pressure to deliver next year.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Martz head is on the chopping block, if the Rams slip up next year in any way he should be gone, because I think the fans in St. Louis have all but completely turned on him, and will blame him for everything.

Sorta hoo I feel about Wannstedt on the Dolphins, once trust is loss for any reason, the coach's days are numbered.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

If Dick Vermiel was still coaching StL, you'd have 3 Super Bowls already...

Nah, Vermeil would have died from tear dehydration after the second one.   :D

I think the logical destination for Warner is Washington.  Who has proven himself able to rehab used QB's better than Joe Gibbs?  Naturally, he'd land in another controversy with Ramsey, but anywhere he goes that is going to happen.

Sean Payton is the new Raiders head coach.

espn.com

Well on second thought no he aint, apparently the contract fell through or something. Looks like the Raiders may have a mess on their hands.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Edited my grading section of this thread, about half way down page 1, to include Turner. Not sure really he is the guy to get the Raiders going back in the right direction, but then again, I don;t suppose to many other guys really wanted to work for Al.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I for sure wouldnt want to work for Al

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I love the way the Raiders tried to talk up Turner's record in Washington- 'He had 4 winning seasons in Washington, including 2 in a row.' Somehow when you put it like that it doesn't sound that good really!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived