New Binghamton Senators Logo

huggermugger

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A completely ridiculous jersey deserves nothing less than a hideous logo. Hopefully these will be worn once, then burned.

Bingo's uniforms are superior to Ottawa's in just about every regard. Why would they want to ruin that by bringing in that horrid swooshy uni, Serpentine, and a crest that looks like Madam in a centurion's helmet? Gah..

EDIT: I just re-read your post, and realized you designed that logo.

I stand by everything said above.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

First off, congratulations! It's got to be a cool feeling to see your work in use.

I'll hold off commenting on the logo until I've seen one that is of a reasonable resolution.

Initial impression? It's nice, but it's now the fourth Senatorial-rendering of a centurion (Ottawa's original and current road rendering, Binghamton's cartoon rendering), and it'd be nice to see something added to their identity instead of retreading old stuff.

That said, the artwork looks pretty solid... but I reserve the right to amend my judgment when I see the larger version.

...and yes, Ottawa's swooping jersey style is terrible, while their black laurel-leaf design is wonderful. Too bad you got stuck with the worse of the two.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

A completely ridiculous jersey deserves nothing less than a hideous logo. Hopefully these will be worn once, then burned.

Bingo's uniforms are superior to Ottawa's in just about every regard. Why would they want to ruin that by bringing in that horrid swooshy uni, Serpentine, and a crest that looks like Madam in a centurion's helmet? Gah..

Dude whatever. You're not gonna get to me.

If you like this

BIN_2141.gif

over this

senator.jpg

Then so be it

Just to clarify I didn't pick the jersey. They chose the shirt.

Congrats on the logo man. I can't imagine what it would be like to see something you created being worn on the ice/field.

And I actually like the logo. I don't think it would be a great primary logo but I think its a great alt. It reminds me a lot of the Zephyr hat 'X-Line' style of logo. I like it man. Congrats again.

PopHeading-1.gif

If you like this

BIN_2141.gif

over this

senator.jpg

Then so be it

I have to agree with Soddy, this logo just doesn't do it for me. Sorry man, it's better than anything I could do, but it just doesnt tickle my fancy. I much prefer the logo currently used on the white Ottawa sweater.

If you like this

BIN_2141.gif

over this

senator.jpg

Then so be it

Looks like he should be an antagonist in a Disney movie....

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

It is an excellent, EXCELLENT, minor-league logo. Congratulations on getting this done.

I like it alot more than their current logo, so maybe we can get a Manitoba Mosse-like situation and get that old one thrown out in favor of this logo.

Good job.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well now that I've seen the bigger picture of it, I like it a lot better than Bingo's current logo. It's a different direction for them. It's still cartoony, but more threatening. I like it.

For an AHL team, that logo is fitting, and certainly an upgrade over the previous one. This cartoon-ish style won't exist in major leagues though. But it must be a great feeling having a team use your logo, its a great designed logo. :)

PS. It would look fabulous if it was the black Sens jersey, but I don't think Binghamtom uses that though.

Wade-sig.png

If you like this

BIN_2141.gif

over this

senator.jpg

Then so be it

I have to agree with Soddy, this logo just doesn't do it for me. Sorry man, it's better than anything I could do, but it just doesnt tickle my fancy. I much prefer the logo currently used on the white Ottawa sweater.

Same here man, i could never do anything in the same league as that but I just don't like it as a Senators logo. Maybe for a Football log for a team called the Centurions (sp). It's just to Disney esque for me.

It's still a really nice logo though!

untitled-6.jpg

Congrats, I happen to like your design more than what they currently have.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Wow cool logo ya made, man.. I like it... very nice.. but the other jersey?? ugh not that swoosh jersey..blah overkill on that new logo.. oh well.. but still, cool logo!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Definitely an improvement on the current logo. Congrats!

Although it's rendered well, I can't really say I'm a fan of the elongated, narrow face, but I can also see that that was influenced by the face on the original Senators logo, so it makes sense.

Archived