New Binghamton Senators Logo

huggermugger

Here is my original Jersey design with the original primary logo

test.jpg

The bust logo= winner.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your logo. I think it's an improvement over Bingo's current logo, which I also like.

I think the bust version is better than the version with just the head, but I also think that shrunk-down graphics on screen don't do your artwork justice.

Sadly, they plunked your logo on the swishy red jersey..it would look much better on Ottawa's black home version. I think your jerseys are too busy...they'd be better if the laurel trim were scaled down a bit.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here is my original Jersey design with the original primary logo

test.jpg

Yikes! :shocked:

Wayyyy too busy for my tastes. The head logo with a full bust (without the laurel side designs) looks much better than just a head floating there. The laurel could work if they were reduced in size. I'd just lose the sleeve laurels outright.

Cartoony logos don't bother me, be it in the NHL or AHL. What counts is if it's a nice design to look at! The Admirals have an ugly identity (IMHO) but the whole design is kept basic, something that helps it very much.

A problem these days is uniforms going way overboard with the frills. Uniforms, no matter what league or sport, work better if the logo is straightforward, easily identifiable and attractive (and maybe even fancy), while the uni is kept more basic. I hate the Predator's look; the uni is like a migraine set to a design, and the logo is atrocious.

No matter what I think, though - congrats on having your design, even a portion, chosen and for sharing your ideas here.

Definitely the bust logo is better. It helps tie it all in. Only thing about it is that it is too tall. You would just have to reduce the height of the triangle and it would be cash money. I also think the no pupils thing distracts a little from the logo. It makes him look like a soulless zombie Senator who was just seduced by Caligula. Overall it is some damn good work.

And yeah, most of the people here trying to diss you are just jealous. Listen to the guys that see both the good and the bad, and not the few that try to make themselves feel better by bashing everyone else.

True enough.

Nothing wrong with criticism, but it has to be constructive.

For my own part, I don't really love the laurel pattern on the sleeves - it's too busy, and I'm not sure that it would read on a player, where the fabric will fold and drape.

I love the bust logo, though. Far and above the best one, including the logo the team regularly uses. Outstanding.

And yeah, most of the people here trying to diss you are just jealous. Listen to the guys that see both the good and the bad, and not the few that try to make themselves feel better by bashing everyone else.

I disagree... i don't see anyone "bashing" it... people are allowed to not like the logo, they shouldn't have to all pretend to love it because the designer personally posted it here.

Just because someone doesn't like the logo it doesn't mean they're a prick, or jealous, or anything else other people have said -- it simply means they don't like it. You will NOT please 100% of the population with anything, this is no different. Either you want people's honest opinion of your work or you want a bunch of people who nod their heads and say "yay it's good!"

As for my opinion... I like it as an AHL alternate logo. I think it works well for what it was designed to be used for. Perhaps the bust logo works better as a primary, but that's not what this is, so it doesn't matter.

Good work, congratulations, and I hope you get more jobs like this in the future.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The white sleeve numbers are interesting. I didn't know that they were going to do that, but I love it. It is very similar to the black/blue outline sleeve numbers on the Admirals shirts. I know most people don't like them because they're hard to read but when I spoke with the designer he said he was going with more of a fashion idea so that they would look good on the street. I agree that while making the numbers more subtle may not work well on the ice, from a design standpoint it makes the shirt look much cooler on a regular person.

Also, I didn't take any of the negative comments personal. Feel free to fire away. At the end of the day, I got paid to do a job. This isn't the cure for cance. In the grand scheme of things, if you like it, great, if not whatever.

The white sleeve numbers are interesting. I didn't know that they were going to do that, but I love it. It is very similar to the black/blue outline sleeve numbers on the Admirals shirts. I know most people don't like them because they're hard to read but when I spoke with the designer he said he was going with more of a fashion idea so that they would look good on the street. I agree that while making the numbers more subtle may not work well on the ice, from a design standpoint it makes the shirt look much cooler on a regular person.

I've gotta disagree on this one. The Ads' jerseys are an original, unique design. However, the jersey with your logo is exactly the same as one in use by the team's parent club. To me putting white numbers instead of red on the sleeves says, "Hey, look! We're trying to look exactly like our NHL club, but we're not very good at doing it!" If the Admirals skated out in the Preds' mustard thirds, with the only difference being the chest logo and mustard sleeve numbers, it wouldn't look good - it would look like someone messed up when copying from the style guide. And that is what you've got here.

Either clone or don't. Don't mess up details and pretend it's an attempt at a unique identity or "looking good on the street" - WTF?

The more I look at it, the more I believe your logo's gotten the shaft by being slapped on that jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I've gotta disagree on this one. The Ads' jerseys are an original, unique design. However, the jersey with your logo is exactly the same as one in use by the team's parent club. To me putting white numbers instead of red on the sleeves says, "Hey, look! We're trying to look exactly like our NHL club, but we're not very good at doing it!" If the Admirals skated out in the Preds' mustard thirds, with the only difference being the chest logo and mustard sleeve numbers, it wouldn't look good - it would look like someone messed up when copying from the style guide. And that is what you've got here.

Either clone or don't. Don't mess up details and pretend it's an attempt at a unique identity or "looking good on the street" - WTF?

The more I look at it, the more I believe your logo's gotten the shaft by being slapped on that jersey.

Again I didn't have anything to do with numbers. It was a lucky surprise to me.

What I think alot of people on the board don't want to realize is that it needs to look good on the street. In fact it actually needs to look better on the street. Why, because this is a business and they need to sell alot of them and when a designer designs a hockey jersey or a basketball jersey or whatever, he is actually designing fashion. Sure we may all hate the black Jays caps but they sell alot of them. The top two selling NHL jerseys are Buffalo, Anaheim, maybe the two worst NHL logos.

Like it or not you are going to see alot more non-traditional type design trends and details in years to come.

I'm not saying it's good or bad just that I've experienced it as fact on how they make decisions.

Again I didn't have anything to do with numbers. It was a lucky surprise to me.

What I think alot of people on the board don't want to realize is that it needs to look good on the street. In fact it actually needs to look better on the street. Why, because this is a business and they need to sell alot of them and when a designer designs a hockey jersey or a basketball jersey or whatever, he is actually designing fashion. Sure we may all hate the black Jays caps but they sell alot of them. The top two selling NHL jerseys are Buffalo, Anaheim, maybe the two worst NHL logos.

Like it or not you are going to see alot more non-traditional type design trends and details in years to come.

I'm not saying it's good or bad just that I've experienced it as fact on how they make decisions.

Fair enough. You have experience in this field, and I definitely don't. And I don't discredit the notion that the jersey's gotta look as good in the stands and on the rack as it does on the ice. But the "on the street" thing still doesn't make sense for me in this situation, with this particular aspect of the jersey. This guy, whoever he is, decided that white sleeve numbers instead of red, with no other changes, would increase the jersey's "street appeal"? And this is when, what, maybe 10% of the jerseys that get sold are actually going to get professionally crested, tops? It just strikes me as incredibly odd that such a small deviation from an existing design, that will only affect a minor percentage of the jerseys sold at retail, can be viewed as a marketing bonanza.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh I think that there was some confusion. I didn't say that the Senators made white number to get more street appeal. I said that's why the Admirals numbers are black on black. I have no idea why the Senators went with white numbers. Also it wasn't a marketing decision I'm sure because these jerseys were'nt even for sale.

Well, as far as the "on-the-street" mentality goes, it doesn't seem to bother the people of Ottawa who wear that jersey out in public and have the red and black numbers on the sleeve.

And, IMO, the Sens red and black swoosh design is actually my favorite of their jerseys. It's very unique and has a nod to the Roman theme they are working with. Those red numbers on the white sleeve area look fantastic up close and it's something I'd rather have if I were out in public than a faint gold outline of a number.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm not a fan of the logo. It looks much better than their actual logo, but that certainly doesn't make this one a great logo by any stretch of the imagination. Something about it looks very awkward to me -- I think it's that the head is way too thin, and as a result, the logo itself is way too thin. I think if you put the circle that's used in their other logos into this one it would look a lot better. And the white sleeve numbers look terrible. I think gold would've looked much, much better.

IUe6Hvh.png

What the hell does IPB image mean and why cant i see them?

yeah, I'm getting that too. No idea what that is either, but I'd like to see this. Didn't see it on their website.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• 8 months later...
Well here it is.

After going to the game I realize that the critique of it's too "cartooney" doesn't really make sense. Everyone in the arena has the other cartoon logo on. They sold a black jersey with a rangers style diagonal Senators which I was told sold nothing. AHL games are attended by kids as much as adults which is why you see so many cartooney logos. A Canadiens style C or a Bruins B would never sell in the minor leagues.

shirtweb.jpg

I was just looking over some older posts and I just have to say this is one of the best and most original logos I've seen on this site. I tried to see if I could buy the jersey but never found where to go. It would have been nicer if they would have put it on a simpler jersey but you had nothing to do with that. The logo is the right choice for a minor league team.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived