First Logo attempt

HarperK

for a team named the Apollos.. am aiming for a representation of Greek god Apollo, some sort of sun in the background, and a wordmark eventually under the waistline. Im new with this, and am using photohop. So any tips from any of you real designers would be appreciated..

apollosbe6.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

the names a bit wierd too.

apollo is a singular word as he is supposed to have been a singular deity.

in the same way, the new jersy jesus' sounds wrong.

ok well the name is besides the point and not set in stone..im just lookin for design pointers

Its ok... but it needs some color and you can't really see all of the body

thats cause i just started

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

There needs to be more of a neck. He looks as if he's shrugging his shoulders. Once again, less line, more form and shape. There is too much wispy gesture and not enough definitive structure for this to be a good logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Little by little, it's getting there.

A couple of thoughts at this juncture...

1. It's very vertically oriented, and with the bow at the angle it is placed, there's a lot of negative space in the top-right corner that I notice almost as much as the body.

2. Given the perspective, Apollo's right trapezius and shoulder are disproportionately large for his body, certainly when compared ot his left neck/chest. With the definition of his right pectoralis, you wouldn't see that much of the neck musculature.

3. Not sure how to accomplish this, but it needs something that conveys "god" or "godlike". My first thought was it looks like the figure from the "AND 1" gear holding a bow and with a face. Moreover, beyond the bow, what is there to convey that this is the sun god? Adding a chariot would help IMO.

Nice start, though. I can't wait to see the end product.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived