Ever wanted to hire an athlete for an event?

Neon_Matrix

This morning on Sportsnet: Connected on the "In Box" segment, the website www.playingfieldpromotions.com was highlighted as listing the prices that athletes demand to make public appearences. It is a really cool site that will show you how greedy those spoild, rich bastards are but also makes me jealous that people aren't giving me that kind of green to make appearences!!!

Examples of prices:

Alex Ovechkin - $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Phil Esposito - $5,001 - 10,000 USD

Patrick Roy - $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Alex Rodriguez - $50,001+ USD

Pedro Martinez - $30,001 - 50,000 USD

Pete Rose - $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Larry Bird - $50,001+ USD

Magic Johnson - $50,001+ USD

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - $30,001-50,000 USD

Brett Favre - $50,001+ USD

Mike Ditka $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Marvin Harrison $10,001 - 20,000 USD

Enjoy discovering who are the greediest bastards of them all!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Remember that is just their fee for generally 90-120 minutes of work, you also have to include travel and lodging if needed.

You can google for celebrity speakers and you cen see the going rate for these and much more. Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are at least $100K per appearance.

Remember that is just their fee for generally 90-120 minutes of work, you also have to include travel and lodging if needed.

You can google for celebrity speakers and you cen see the going rate for these and much more. Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are at least $100K per appearance.

Appearently travel fees aren't included in those quotes according to whats her name from Sportsnet news when she was doing the piece on this site. You also must cover seperatly their travel and accomidations.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I booked a few concerts for a non-profit and musicians are right up there with the rest of 'em. I was absolutely shocked at the performance fees for what I considered to be B and C and even D list musical acts.

And Neon is right, travel fees usually aren't included in these things, so add airfare, hotel, meals and local transportation. Also, they usually have some kind of rider attached to the contract asking for all kinds of things like particular brands of water, specific food items, etc. etc.

I booked a few concerts for a non-profit and musicians are right up there with the rest of 'em. I was absolutely shocked at the performance fees for what I considered to be B and C and even D list musical acts.

And Neon is right, travel fees usually aren't included in these things, so add airfare, hotel, meals and local transportation. Also, they usually have some kind of rider attached to the contract asking for all kinds of things like particular brands of water, specific food items, etc. etc.

Interesting fact: Van Halen was one of the first bands to have a cause like this in their contracts. It said the venue had to supply a bowl of M&Ms, but with all the brown ones removed. They included this not because they were being dicks, but because it was an easy way to see if the technical portion of the contract had been followed. If there were brown M&Ms, the band knew that the equipment needed to be checked before they played.

Interesting fact: Van Halen was one of the first bands to have a cause like this in their contracts. It said the venue had to supply a bowl of M&Ms, but with all the brown ones removed. They included this not because they were being dicks, but because it was an easy way to see if the technical portion of the contract had been followed. If there were brown M&Ms, the band knew that the equipment needed to be checked before they played.

So there, I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

All of these prices are too high for a normal person to afford but I guess if a business is opening or if they want to have some sort of grand ocasion then it is ok. When a circuit city near my house opened a couple years ago Tiki and Rhonde Barber were signing autographs.

Also

Mike Eruzione for $20,001 - $30,000 is way too much when Guy LaFluer is $5,001 - $10,000

If I were ARod, I sure wouldn't show up for only 50 G's. Figure that he makes an average of $25 mil per year, not even counting endorsements. If you count baseball as being a year-round job, he makes over $68,000 per day in the offseason just sitting on his ass. Showing up to one of these events, assuming it isn't in the NYC area, would probably take him at least the better part of a day... why would he want an additional Hummer that badly?

...unless it was from Jeter... :P

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

All of these prices are too high for a normal person to afford but I guess if a business is opening or if they want to have some sort of grand ocasion then it is ok. When a circuit city near my house opened a couple years ago Tiki and Rhonde Barber were signing autographs.

Also

Mike Eruzione for $20,001 - $30,000 is way too much when Guy LaFluer is $5,001 - $10,000

Its pretty amazing that people can demand this kind of cash just for showing up for a few hours. I recently finished the book "Ball Four" by Jim Bouton and in it he talks about how in 1969 (so roughtly 38 years ago) you were lucky and very happy to get $50 to make an appearence. Ita amzing how times have changed and players don't really need chump change like that to make up for their $20,000+ish contracts for marginal baseball players.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

As ridiculous as it is, those are the fees and and as long as people are willing to pay them, they'll continue to get that much. I would think that no one here would turn down 20 g's to show up somewhere if it was offered to them. I sure wouldn't.

There are alot of guys who look like they would be cool or fun to hire in the $0 - $5,000 range.

Darryl Dawkins

Rick Dempsey

Mark Fidrych

Dan Issel

Bryan Trottier

Irving Fryar

Dave Parker

Parker accepts his payments in coke, though...

I prefer you use booger sugar.

Archived