Ever wanted to hire an athlete for an event?

Neon_Matrix

So how much for, say, Wade Belak? :D

He's appearing at a local mall next weekend, want me to ask him? :)

Please do :D . I should've asked Blair Thomas (the original PSU bust, before Ki-Jana and Curtis) how much he got paid for appearing this summer. I wonder how much Manute Bol got when I was only 6 years old and I met him at the same mall.

Marvin Harrison $10,001 - 20,000 USD

If you think that's high, you should see how much it costs to have him talk!

Oh I wasn't saying that Harrison's was high - I was pointing out how low it is! For a guy of his caliber to demand so little is pretty amazing. Mind you as you pointed out, I wonder how much he'd actually be saying, lol.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If you think that's high, you should see how much it costs to have him talk!

Oh I wasn't saying that Harrison's was high - I was pointing out how low it is! For a guy of his caliber to demand so little is pretty amazing. Mind you as you pointed out, I wonder how much he'd actually be saying, lol.

:huh:

Oh, I getcha now, I thought you just put up the three highest from each sport. This is what happens when I don't look at the website you posted. But yeah, who needs Marvin Harrison when you can get Barry Switzer for the same price?

(Disclaimer:This post along with my signature are in no way meant to insult Marvin Harrison, one of the greatest receivers of this or any era. Just to point out that Marvin isn't exactly a blabbermouth, and the sig? I found a good picture of Reggie, figured I might as well use it.)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

wow, an entire category of Christian speakers... should my uncle's church go after Kurt Warner, or Jason Elam?

Jason Elam. Because when you get Kurt Warner to appear, you get Brenda Warner thrown in for free. Not exactly a great deal by any stretch. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Mike Eruzione for $20,001 - $30,000 is way too much when Guy LaFluer is $5,001 - $10,000

Guy LeFluer didn't score a game-winning goal against the Soviets in the Olympics, either.

Guy LaFleur may have not scored A game winning goal against the Soviets in the Olympics, but he did score 560 in the NHL while amassing 1353 points. He also won the Stanley Cup 5 times. Compared to Mike Eruzione's NHL statistics, LaFleur scored 560 more goals than him and also racked up 1353 more points and won the Cup 5 more times.

Now which is the bigger accomplishment. :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Mike Eruzione for $20,001 - $30,000 is way too much when Guy LaFluer is $5,001 - $10,000

Guy LeFluer didn't score a game-winning goal against the Soviets in the Olympics, either.

Guy LaFleur may have not scored A game winning goal against the Soviets in the Olympics, but he did score 560 in the NHL while amassing 1353 points. He also won the Stanley Cup 5 times. Compared to Mike Eruzione's NHL statistics, LaFleur scored 560 more goals than him and also racked up 1353 more points and won the Cup 5 more times.

Now which is the bigger accomplishment. :D

NHL stats don't matter to the business people who hire speakers in the US, I'm sure the only hockey any of them know is the 1980 US Olympic team.

As ridiculous as it is, those are the fees and and as long as people are willing to pay them, they'll continue to get that much. I would think that no one here would turn down 20 g's to show up somewhere if it was offered to them. I sure wouldn't.

There are alot of guys who look like they would be cool or fun to hire in the $0 - $5,000 range.

Darryl Dawkins

Rick Dempsey

Mark Fidrych

Dan Issel

Bryan Trottier

Irving Fryar

Dave Parker

Parker accepts his payments in coke, though...

I prefer you use booger sugar.

Or if you're the President, Texas Booger Sugar...

nav-logo.png

This morning on Sportsnet: Connected on the "In Box" segment, the website www.playingfieldpromotions.com was highlighted as listing the prices that athletes demand to make public appearences. It is a really cool site that will show you how greedy those spoild, rich bastards are but also makes me jealous that people aren't giving me that kind of green to make appearences!!!

Examples of prices:

Alex Ovechkin - $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Phil Esposito - $5,001 - 10,000 USD

Patrick Roy - $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Alex Rodriguez - $50,001+ USD

Pedro Martinez - $30,001 - 50,000 USD

Pete Rose - $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Larry Bird - $50,001+ USD

Magic Johnson - $50,001+ USD

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - $30,001-50,000 USD

Brett Favre - $50,001+ USD

Mike Ditka $20,001 - 30,000 USD

Bill Belichick - Night with your wife.

Enjoy discovering who are the greediest bastards of them all!!!

I found that one rather interesting.

Archived